Future changes to ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security, ESET Smart Security Premium and ESET Ultimate Security

Guest Trial Eset 7

sorry OOT.

In ESS 7 beta, how can I set HIPS to only block files on root drive for being deleted (but the child folders are permitted) ?

should I set the HIPS rules like this: block D:\*\*.*

This is probably not possible, wildcards in this form are not supported. I was unable to accomplish it either.

FYI:

encrypted SSL on https://forum.eset.com is being untrusted by ESS 7.0.104 beta :huh: , is that normal condition, guys?

It works fine for me. Please post the warning you're getting and let us know what browser and its version you use. Try the following:

- with web browsers and email clients closed, disable SSL scanning

- enable SSL scanning

- launch the browser

1. Close my browsers (Firefox 22, IE 8)
  2. Disable scanning SSL
  3. Enable scanning SSL

the result is ESS always gives me a notif : an attempt to add the root certificate to all known browsers on your computer failed

then, I open my browsers, IE & Firefox give me a notif:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. 

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website. 

- Click here to close this webpage. 

- Continue to this website (not recommended). 

More information

Also, the verifier.exe mode (drivers) fiture on my XP pro SP3 don't pass eamon.sys in ESS version 6 & beta 7. BSOD is hapenned by eamon.sys in latest ESS 5, 6, 7 beta.

But in normal mode, no BSOD.

in Safe Mode, I change it to version eamon.sys in ESS version 5.0.95, everything is just fine about verifier problem. But the SSL scanning is still the same.

I love that version (ESS 5 early version, eamon.sys)

Maybe, I will try to formating my OS and post the result later.

Thanks Marcos for the reply.

• Administrators

For Firefox 22 and newer, you'll need to export the root certificate from ESS and import it to Firefox manually in order for https websites to open properly.

Would removing XP support from future versions of Eset improvement performance?  I think Eset should stop supporting XP after Eset 7, Microsoft isn't supporting it anymore in 2014, customers can just stay with Eset 7 for XP.

Edited by nestek

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

ESET will be supporting Microsoft Windows XP for quite some time into the future. Keep in mind that ESET still provides support for Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 4.0 SP 6a as well as Microsoft Windows 2000, so support for an OS isn't going to go away right after the manufacturer stops supporting it.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Would removing XP support from future versions of Eset improvement performance?  I think Eset should stop supporting XP after Eset 7, Microsoft isn't supporting it anymore in 2014, customers can just stay with Eset 7 for XP.

A small matter - in earlier versions when NOD32 found a problem the icon in the notification area turned orange and was very easy to spot. Now all we get is a green circle with an exclamation mark that's nowhere near as obvious. Can we go back to the orange eye please? :)

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The reason the behavior was changed because of complaints that the yellow "warning color" was too severe an action to perform on messages which were supposed to be more informational in nature.  I'm not really sure what can be done here, though, as different customers have different preferences, and trying to allow the icon to be customized would result in all sorts of problems, ranging from support issues to attacks by malware (in order to hide it/change it to normal).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

A small matter - in earlier versions when NOD32 found a problem the icon in the notification area turned orange and was very easy to spot. Now all we get is a green circle with an exclamation mark that's nowhere near as obvious. Can we go back to the orange eye please? :)

Orange was just fine as it was before IMO. I mean if something more "severe" is happening then it will turn Red as it still does of course, but Orange for "hey I need your attention" is OK I think. But maybe that's just me, and each to their own I guess. :)

Guest Suj_96

You should make a installer which detects the presence of previous versions of eset. And also helps in uninstalling that product.

The startup scan could be made more faster and could see some change in GUI.

You should make antispam more better.

You should make a installer which detects the presence of previous versions of eset. And also helps in uninstalling that product.

The startup scan could be made more faster and could see some change in GUI.

You should make antispam more better.

Just FYI, the startup scan takes between 3-10 Sec on average in my experience and that is on a very old PC as well (amount of startup items and hardware may play a role), and the antispam is getting better continuously. :)

Regarding the GUI, it sounds like a new one is in the works.....

GUI is subject to change as the program develops over time. I presume even more people will prefer the new gui we're working to the current one in v6/v7  :)

Edited by SweX

Description: I would like eset to find out the famous tracking cookies

Detail: This feature is wild spread in other solutions, it´s a good idea to improve the detection of this cookies in the signature detection, It´s good for privacy 

And also a problem that i have seem with many version as well is that when i turn on the analysis of ssl certificates, many of the pages under SSL show the web page in a bad way, some time only the text of the web page is shown. I would like eset to review that, because i have seen the same problem in other computers.

Detail: This feature is wild spread in other solutions, it´s a good idea to improve the detection of this cookies in the signature detection, It´s good for privacy 

Since cookies are normally not malicious, Eset and nod32 engine has not detected cookies.

Sometimes cookies are used for useful purposes.

Maybe a feature in nod32 or SS could be enable or disable detection of tracking cookies.

however this would be a lot, and i mean a lot of extra footwork for the company and developers to keep updated.

Many vendors (including ESET) do not detect tracking cookies, as they are not really malicious like malware. 

And the solution is actually very simple, when you're done browsing clear out the cookies, temps, cache, etc... manually in the browsers settings. Or you can download CCleaner and run it once you have exit the browser, and it will do all that for you.

But be sure to opt out of the 3'rd party bundle stuff during the CCleaner installation if you don't want it, (or one can download the "slim build" that also is available on piriform.com that don't have anything bundled in the installer)

Edited by SweX

2. I couldn't find a way to filter 'out' entries in the log with a rule, only filter 'in'. Filter-in is only useful if you know what your looking for. I have a tendency to filter out(ignore) all the irrelevant log entries and examine the important ones. Perhaps a regular expression type filter system would be good.

The filter enables you to filter records according to certain text they contain in specified columns plus you can specify the severity of the records to filter as well as the time period. If you need more advanced filtering, you can export the log to a text file and use other tools to filter the desired records.

This is quite irritating behavior - and is precisely what brought me to the forums today - especially when it's the inverse behavior of how the "filter" option used to work.  I thought perhaps it was a bug, only now to find out it's a "feature".  Is there any chance of restoring the previous functionality, of excluding items in the filter, instead of filtering one item to the exclusion of all else?

The visibility of Ghost account created by AntiTheft should be switch. If I want to appear then it is ON or I want to hide it is OFF.
It would be great for that people who would like to keep only one account on their PC. ;)

Orange was just fine as it was before IMO. I mean if something more "severe" is happening then it will turn Red as it still does of course, but Orange for "hey I need your attention" is OK I think. But maybe that's just me, and each to their own I guess. :)

I agree with SweX. Even though I am using ESET NOD32 4 I have the orange icon, but a green icon with an exclamation mark isn't really that much spottable IMO. I haven't seen it since I am using NOD32 4 (which is an older version) it still has the orange icon.

jadinolf

jadinolf
  • Group: Members
  •  
  • Kudos: 0

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

One feature I would really like to see is a scan when the screensaver is activated. My previous internet security program had that feature and I really liked it.

From personal experience, more malware was found during screensaver scan than any other method

Hello "Jad" fyi as I don't believe anyone informed you on your post on wants for a computer scan when screen saver activates = in version 6.0.316 there is EXACTLY that option under advanced option and then realtime scanner under "IDLE STATE Scanning options, uncheck ALL but your screen saver and your scan will be performed when screen saver kicks in, hope this helps as I am a new member here but a 100% ESET CUSTOMER / USER ALL THE WAY.

jadinolf

jadinolf
  • Group: Members
  •  
  • Kudos: 0

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

One feature I would really like to see is a scan when the screensaver is activated. My previous internet security program had that feature and I really liked it.

From personal experience, more malware was found during screensaver scan than any other method

Hello "Jad" fyi as I don't believe anyone informed you on your post on wants for a computer scan when screen saver activates = in version 6.0.316 there is EXACTLY that option under advanced option and then realtime scanner under "IDLE STATE Scanning options, uncheck ALL but your screen saver and your scan will be performed when screen saver kicks in, hope this helps as I am a new member here but a 100% ESET CUSTOMER / USER ALL THE WAY.

Thank you for the post

Battlin'~D@~Big~*C*

I really appreciate it. I am new to NOD32 and realize now that I should print out the manual and learn more about this wonderful program.

I think that I have followed your steps accurately, so let's see what happens.

I have three computers on this license so, two more to go.

Many thanks.,

Guest Suj_96

I would love eset to, instead of just reporting malware detected to the user, provide options to clean,delete or quarantine the malware found after scanning of a file.

• Administrators

I would love eset to, instead of just reporting malware detected to the user, provide options to clean,delete or quarantine the malware found after scanning of a file.

ESET cleans files by default, ie. unless you deliberately disable cleaning. Maybe you were referring to cleaning via the context menu scan which is available under Advanced options in versions up to v6. As of v7, cleaning is available as the first option in the context menu.

Description: Logitech G15 LCD Support - hxxp://www.logitech.com/en-us/products/keyboards/articles/554
Detail: Gaming keeps getting better and better, most AV software companies have begun to add Gamer-mode. What would really set eset software apart and again ahead of the industry above all others; would be to add in a little logitech support. I have noticed several questions asked about nod32 that would not have been asked had we been able to monitor eset out of games and full screen mode apps, where desktop is missing. This could even work for corporate if your using mstsc / rdp or something similar. Although i dont know of many businesses running a $100+ keyboard lol.

What could be displayed ?

*Gamer mode on/off status

*Updating

*Real time objects being scanned

*Pop-ups and alerts while surpressed in gamer mode, can now be filtered to the lcd screen

*Eset / egui+ekrn cpu usage %

*Eset / egui+ekrn memory utilization %

* Heck add in cpu and memory usage as a whole; make coretemp and such programs obsolete. LOLOL :)

Most users like myself that have a gaming computer really can handle eset running at full power and without gamer mode. However the added cpu idle and scheduled full scans being disabled etc are still very nice along with the other added features of gaming mode.

I would really like to see this, but it may be wishful thinking :)

Edited by Arakasi

Guest Suj_96

ESET cleans files by default, ie. unless you deliberately disable cleaning. Maybe you were referring to cleaning via the context menu scan which is available under Advanced options in versions up to v6. As of v7, cleaning is available as the first option in the context menu.

Yes, but after i performed a scan, it showed a virus but shows no options which it should in scan window.

I think it would be much easier for a user to remove a virus if it shows options in scan window rather than right clicking on the virus to clean it.

I have another problem.

When parental control is enabled, web pages take a lot of time to load,even google.

Why is it happening?

Yes, but after i performed a scan, it showed a virus but shows no options which it should in scan window.

I think it would be much easier for a user to remove a virus if it shows options in scan window rather than right clicking on the virus to clean it.

I have another problem.

When parental control is enabled, web pages take a lot of time to load,even google.

Why is it happening?

It would be best if you create a new thread for this problem, so we don't continue the troubleshooting in here. :)

I have another problem.

Why is it happening?

post-1101-0-85770400-1377312774_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice if "Advanced setup" in eset becomes more easy to use.

Setting up firewall rules and removable media protection could be made easier.

A sandbox feature would be great!