Scan and Update on clients

Hi all,

I had 2 problems with SCAN and update on client

When I created scheduler SCAN + UPDATE to clients at 12:00pm.But some clients not scan + update at that scheduler.

And when scan after update, ESET not scan with mode SMART SCAN, it too long time for scan again ( before it scan complete when setup ESET).

I created ESET Log Collector on client not scan at time scheduler and log on client scan too long time below link : hxxp://fsend.vn/lAcqyDa0 (note : this link will remove after 7 days)

Please help me check this.

Thanks.

scan complete.png

Scan too long.jpg

Policy scheduler.jpg

version era.jpg

• Administrators

Updates should be run in regular intervals which is 60 minutes by default and we do not recommend changing it. Running update only at 12 o'clock does not make much sense.

After an update the scan cache is flushed so it's pretty normal that many more files will be scanned compared to the scenario where a scan is re-run with the same signature database.

Hi Marcos,

I set flag scheduler is REPLACE and uncheck policies default on client.And my data is too big ( about 3TB) so every update ( althought database update is litte ), my pc scan again too long and performance is low.How to fix this issue ?

Thanks for response.

schduler on client.jpg

• Administrators

It is very dangerous from security point of view to run update only once a day. Keep the default regular update task which runs every 60 minutes. If you want to run a full disk scan, schedule the task at the time when the computer is idle; scanning all disks every day is overkill, once a week or 2 weeks should be enough. Real-time protection keeps your computer protected and there are also many other protection layers / features. Unfortunately, you've also disabled startup scan tasks which are one of the important protection layers. Apparently your Endpoint is configured improperly from security POV and running full disk scans on a daily basis will not make up for that.

Hi Marcos,

Thanks your advice.

But my issue is clients not scan at time I desire via Policy.

My clients not work at 12:00 everyday and I want pc scan at this time.

• Administrators

Please contact your local Customer care as this will need deeper troubleshooting. Still, my opinion on this is that a daily scan is redundant and you have deteriorated protection capabilities provided by ESET by disabling the default regular update task as well as default startup scan tasks.