ESET Not Running

Hi,

After upgrading the RAM on my PC, ESET Smart Security Premium 10 would not start. I am running Windows 7. The action centre showed a message to "Turn on ESET Smart Security Premium 10.0.369, clicking this and selecting "Yes, I trust the publisher...", makes no difference.

I uninstalled ESET, including running uninstaller in Safe Mode. Then reinstalled ESET. Initially ESET worked and ran a full scan.

However, starting up the PC today - ESET once again has not started. The shortcuts do show in the All Programs menu, but clicking does nothing. There are no ESET modules (egui.exe or ekrn.exe) showing in task manager.

Any help gratefully accepted, thank you,

Gordon

Shutting down and re-starting the PC after switching Windows defender off has made no difference; ESET still does not start up.

However, I have found that if I go to Computer Management, Services - I can manually start the ESET Service. The service is set to start Automatically.

Gordon

• Most Valued Members

If you can run "services.msc" and go to Eset service, then look at the dependencies tab. If there are any services in there that are disabled or manual start, this could be the cause of your problem. The relating dependencies need to be auto for the Eset service to load.

• Administrators

Please collect logs with ESET Log Collector (ELC) and create a Process Monitor boot log. See my signature for links with instructions.
When done, upload the Procmon log in a zipped form to a safe location (e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.) and drop me a pm with a download link. You can attach the zip file generated by ELC directly to the message.

Hi Marcos & cyberhash,

Thanks for your help on this issue. I am very surprised that simply upgrading the RAM on my PC caused this problem.

Sorry Marcos, I simply can't spend more time on this; I have already spent several hours. I have now purchased another product and will be uninstalling ESET. I have been very happy with ESET over the last few years and only recently renewed and upgraded my annual subscription to cover multiple devices. Don't suppose I will be able to get a refund.

Thank again for your help.

Gordon