Installation issues

I am having the same problem also an HP and same win.1620 error message.  Are ESET products and HP compatible?  Or are windows 7 and ESET not compatible?  or is it windows explorer?

I am having the same issue with a fresh install on an HP system.  I have never had any installation issues with eset antivirus before including on other HP machines but this new one doesn't like it.

I found a solution by googling this problem.  The suggestion was to copy the download out of downloads folder and paste into a new folder on C drive.  This solution did not work.  Still cannot install the purchased version of ESET.  I am hoping for an answer from ESET by email in the next few days, or I'll have to return the CD to Micro Center for a refund.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, reconnais1 said:

I found a solution by googling this problem.  The suggestion was to copy the download out of downloads folder and paste into a new folder on C drive.  This solution did not work.  Still cannot install the purchased version of ESET.  I am hoping for an answer from ESET by email in the next few days, or I'll have to return the CD to Micro Center for a refund.

On the download page, select Advances download options and select offline installer. Using it instead of the Live installer seems to have solved the issue for all users who have been experiencing error 1620 so far.