Banking protection with 1Password - browser problems

Go to solution Solved by BobArch2,

With banking protection turned on and using 1Password to access bank sites while using Firefox does not work. 1Password cannot fill in the required fields (userid and password)

Likewise problem with Chrome. Edge not a viable browser for banking protection and 1Password.

Internet Explorer is the only browser that works without any issues when banking protection is turned on and bank sites are accessed via 1Password.

1Password authors, AgileBits,are suggesting that there are conflicts with the browsers and ESET's banking protection.

Any comments or suggestions?

I received a message from AgileBits support (1Password) that ESET Banking Protection is locked tight and will not allow the passing of login information to both Firefox and Chrome browsers. They also offered the following comment "I'd recommend you contact ESET and ask them if there's a way to allow the 1Password browser extension to function in Chrome and Firefox while in Banking Protection mode".

• Administrators

Never heard about 1Password. Banking and Payment protection supports LastPass and RoboForm will be added soon (if it hasn't been already). If there are more users who use 1Password or if it isn't updated frequently, we may consider adding support for it.

They have a ton of users on OSX. 1password on Windows is currently in beta and is frequently updated. The agent itself is sometimes updated several times per week.

Edited by cvvorous

Ok, so once it goes final we will consider whitelisting the plug-in.

My mistake - it looks like they actually just released a new stable version and browser extension last week - https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4- I completely forgot that my PC was following their beta release cadence because of new features vs the old stable version from February.

I have been using the released version of 1Password since April 2014. Without any issues until a short while ago. In talking to AgileBits support to see if the problem was at their end, they stated it was an ESET issue. They also said that you may contact them at support+windows@agilebits.com to work towards a solution.

Regards,

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

In the mean time I've found out that only a trial version of 1Password is available for download so whitelisting it would not probably help. I'll try to reach out to Agilebits for a license that would enable us to download the current version of the plug-in whenever needed.

In the mean time I've found out that only a trial version of 1Password is available for download so whitelisting it would not probably help. I'll try to reach out to Agilebits for a license that would enable us to download the current version of the plug-in whenever needed.

do you need the extension/plugin and the local agent to whitelist, or just the extension?

• Solution

Yesterday, Saturday, October 29, 2016 I updated ESS to v10.0.369.0. Today I brought up the ESS Banking Payment and Protection version of Firefox (v49.0.2). The 1Password browser extension (v4.6.1) was missing. I went to the AgileBits web site, downloaded and installed the browser extension while in ESS' BPP FF. The extension was then shown to be active and I was able to log into my banking  sites.  All is well with the world.

Yesterday, Saturday, October 29, 2016 I updated ESS to v10.0.369.0. Today I brought up the ESS Banking Payment and Protection version of Firefox (v49.0.2). The 1Password browser extension (v4.6.1) was missing. I went to the AgileBits web site, downloaded and installed the browser extension while in ESS' BPP FF. The extension was then shown to be active and I was able to log into my banking  sites.  All is well with the world.

By any chance do you know where ESS BPP stores the FF profile? It's not in the same location as normal FF profile.

Nevermind, found the location:

%users%\All Users\ESET\ESET Smart Security\OPP\%your_S_ID_profile_reference%\EsetOPPFirefoxProfile

On other HDDs if you want to retrieve it's on

\ProgramData\ directory

Took me a long time to find this, maybe it will help someone else.

Edited by Iota