Agent uninstallation error

• ESET Staff

Could you please check whether AGENT's windows service is running? Have you tried it multiple times? Is there any ESET security product installed on this machine?

Yes, Agent service is running & EFSW is installed on the same server. Also I have tried it multiple times, as uninstall process stuck at "stopping service" window.

Also in other machine I have tried ESETUninstaller, but it does not recognising ERA Agent.

• ESET Staff

There is new ESETUninstaller version out there that should be able to detect also ERA products. But unfortunately I am not sure it will help in this case. There are two most common issues we know that may have causes this:

• ESET security product (in this case EFSW) is "protecting" AGENT so that it is not able to uninstall itself. This may be resolved by disabling HIPS protection in EFSW, but it requires system restart to take effect. One HIPS module is disabled, you should be able to manually stop AGENT service, and even kill process if there won't be any other option.
  • AGENT is processing huge amount of logs received from EFSW and therefore it is not able to stop itself in required time period. Have you enabled diagnostic logging in EFSW?

In case you won't be able to resolve this issue, I may analyze AGENT's trace.log if you PM it to me.