worse install language

hi

I install french canadian 6.2.6.0 version and i got an english version.    I delete it, download and install a new file, same results.

solution ??

Mountain Lion 10.8.5, french version

Edited by pygocentrus

• Administrators

If I remember correctly, the used language depends on the system language settings. I don't have any Mac by me right now so I can't tell you where exactly you should check it but I've found https://support.apple.com/kb/PH6467. What language do you have at the top of the list?

Is this the link you used?

https://www.eset.com/us/products/cyber-security/

this link…..  https://www.eset.com/us/support/download/home/cyber-security/

your link goes to mine...

If I remember correctly, the used language depends on the system language settings. I don't have any Mac by me right now so I can't tell you where exactly you should check it but I've found https://support.apple.com/kb/PH6467. What language do you have at the top of the list?

french

Edited by pygocentrus

the installation is all in french but at the end it was in english……. WEIRD !!!

I uninstalled the french canadian version and download and install the french (France) version.   Now it is ok, I have a french eset cyber security

Please check if the dowload link for the french canadian version is for the good language version

• 5 months later...

A new version is released, i uninstalled french version and install french CANADIAN version and got.........  A ENGLISH VERSION AGAIN !!   grrrr    Same result with install on top or clean install.

Could you please fix this issue ? 5 months  later and no change.

I repeat again........  My OS X is in french, I downloaded the french canadian version, the installation process is in french but the final result is ENGLISH version

If french version is ok but not the french CANADIAN version, it looks like the issue is on YOUR side and not in my iMac, isnt it ??!

Edited by pygocentrus

• 1 month later...

Eset seems to give a damn but it did it again..

6.4.200.1 FRENCH canadian version finished in ENGLISH version as previous french canadian version.   This problem is still not resolved since September 2016 or earlier...

Edited by pygocentrus

if not, moderator is supposed to move this post to the right place.     And Marcos posted here in september 2016 so.....

Yes, i am quite sure i did submit this issue to home support and i just did it again  

Edited by pygocentrus

If i'm not mistaken the Forum team generaly does not create support tickets for users. Just trying to be helpful, and at least assist you in finding the answers you're looking for.

Other things i've found helpful in getting support: 

Direct a message at the person you're looking to contact @Marcos 

use the 1 to 1 messaging here

or use the link i've sent you above

I hope that helps get your issue into the hands of the individuals who can solve your issue. 

Jdashn

• Administrators

I've just downloaded and installed French Canadian ECSP from ESET's website and with French Canadian set as preferred language, it looks ok to me:

ecs6_FRA-CA.png

bravo !!  but it dont work here !!    

All other software is installed in french here with no problem but not Eset Cybersecurity french canadian version.   The french one is ok, dont know why.

Edited by pygocentrus

yes, my iMac is in french, i use french for almost all my software.   French version of Cybersecurity is ok but french CANADIAN version is always in ENGLISH.      It is a weird mystery !!!

I received an installation files from Eset Home support and no change, french canadian version results in an ENGLISH Cybersecurity after a clean install (delete, restart, install).

Capture d’écran 2017-04-21 à 09.30.33.png

Edited by pygocentrus

• Administrators

The problem is with your preferred language. You have "French" selected but it must be "French (Canada)". If you use a different language version that the preferred system language, ECS will be in English as the language would not match.

wow !!!   Congratulations to find that, i didnt know it exist french canadian in preferred language.

Language changed, restart and tadam !!!!   Cybersecurity is now in french without intall it again.

thanks !!

Edited by pygocentrus