Anyway to get back AV version 8

guit30

I just paid for another year of Nod32, it updated me to vs  9.something. I had vs 8 and liked it better. It seemed to be easier to understand and updated every hour. Anyway to go back to that?

I just paid for another year of Nod32, it updated me to vs  9.something. I had vs 8 and liked it better. It seemed to be easier to understand and updated every hour. Anyway to go back to that?

This should do it.

https://www.eset.com/us/products/nod32-antivirus/

Your V 9 license will work with this as well.

Be careful when installing because it may ask if you want the latest version. Say NO!

Enjoy

I'm sorry but the link I sent should have taken you to V 8 downloads but life is not that simple.

Sniff around the page the link took you to.

Let's hope some kind soul will guide you to V8.

Edited by jadinolf

Here's a link to versions back to v7. It's in your link as well Joe. Just have to look around. I recall stumbling across this page on my way somewhere else...

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2885/

guit30 don't forget to uninstall v9 first.

Edited by TomFace

• Administrators

V9 updates as frequently as v8, ie. in one hour intervals and v10 will have updating improved so that the program checks for newer updates also if an Internet connection is detected (e.g. when connected via wi-fi in hotels).Although it's possible to stay with v8 (upgrade should be offered only once a month soon), we don't recommend skipping future versions as you wouldn't get as good protection as with v10+. As future versions of ESET's products will be released in the future, v8 will become unsupported in a few years and it won't be possible to skip update then to ensure that you are using latest detection and protection technologies.

It seemed to be easier to understand 

Please elaborate more on this. V9 has the same menu structure as v8 except that some tools are now hidden under "More tools" menu. If you got accustomed to v8, you should find particular settings at the same place in v9 too.

I'm still on version 7 because I need to have 'Scanned by' signature on my outgoing Emails, I don't know if the latest version has brought this facility back, if it has I would have no problem updating.

I run Win 7 pro x 64bit and XP pro 32bit... I did have Linux version for a short while, they all ran flawless, the only time I noticed Nod is in update notifications.... and when it slaps my hands for visiting 'dodgy' sites, the best AV I've had to date.

Dave