Policy not preventing Security Notification

Hello, 

I have the below set in my policy, however I am still being alerted to "Operating system is not up to date" when looking at the clients. 

post-11494-0-20279600-1462910234_thumb.jpg

• ESET Staff

Hi @cdfosburg, (again :) )

I don't get what you are try to do.

1. Suppress ESET notification on the client about OS not updated
    or
  2. No alerts about OS not updated on the ERA web console.

You can kill all alerts on the clients, but as Administrator of the web console,

you should be aware at that hole in the security of your network.

Make sure to adjust also agent's policy to not notify you about missing Windows updates.

Is that not what I setup in the above screen shot?

I know it is kind of confusing but you have to do it in one other place on the POLICY. 

USER INTERFACE >> STATUSES >> Application statuses >> EDIT >> Uncheck "Operating System is not up to date" and Save. 
Force this policy. 

• Administrators

USER INTERFACE >> STATUSES >> Application statuses >> EDIT >> Uncheck "Operating System is not up to date" and Save. 

Force this policy. 

This will suppress the change of the protection status on clients but it will not prevent ESET from asking Windows about missing updates. Also this will not affect the messages that appear in the ERA console.

Force this policy. 

This will suppress the change of the protection status on clients but it will not prevent ESET from asking Windows about missing updates. Also this will not affect the messages that appear in the ERA console.

based on customers description of :   " however I am still being alerted to "Operating system is not up to date" when looking at the clients. " . what I was taking from this is that he possibly remoted into one of the systems in question and pulled up the ESET GUI locally on that machine and the protection status was showing the message about OS updates. So yes I was assuming the local machine as opposed to the ERA itself. 

i had a similar issue on 4.5 file server endpoint....policy and end point showing no updates option chosen...but still kept popping up about os being out of date......the way i got it to go away....open windows update...then do a check for updates....thats all i had to do to make it go away....

• ESET Staff

Please note, that there are two channels, how the information about Windows Updates is reported in V6 products and ERA 6.

1. By the product itself - to disable this, you need to disable the setting mentioned in first post of this thread
  2. By ERA Agent - to disable this, you need to configure setting displayed on the below screenshot.

Please note, that we will be changing the behavior for the upcoming release of ERA in a way, that when Agent gets the info that Endpoint is installed, it will automatically suppress those notifications, and rely fully on the Endpoint configuration.

post-35-0-61823900-1463556822_thumb.png