Licensing Question

Guest Audrey Douglas

Guest Audrey Douglas

Hi ESET, I'm looking into buying ESET Smart Security but before I do I have an important question to ask.

I'm planning on going ahead with the two year license but say if I were to buy it for only two computers right now, but want to add a third one later on because I can't afford to pay for a three user license right now. At anytime during my license period would you be able to add a third to my two user license, or are all sales final?

I know that Emsisoft does something similar, people that want to upgrade from Anti-Malware to Internet Security can do so during their premium license period.

P.S. I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this in, please move it accordingly.

• ESET Moderators

Hi Audrey,

Sure, you can extend your license to a higher number of devices at any time. By extending it, the license will also be renewed, but you will of course pay only for the difference, not a whole price for regular renewal.

Guest Audrey Douglas

How would it be renewed? I talked to a support agent and he said I could add an additional computer for the first 30 days but after that then it would be a $22 fee.

Okay, well what if I only bought it for 1 year, could I make it 2 years within the first 30 days?

Guest Audrey Douglas

Also, will there be any new coupons out soon for Smart Security or NOD32? I know during Christmas it had a good percentage off, any particular time during the year that it's best to buy it?

• ESET Staff

Hi @Audrey Douglas,

I know during Christmas it had a good percentage off, any particular time during the year that it's best to buy it?

Depends on the country and the ESET Partner (sometimes X company offers a discount in someway

but ESET is not related and other ESET Partners either).

I know during Christmas it had a good percentage off, any particular time during the year that it's best to buy it?

Depends on the country and the ESET Partner (sometimes X company offers a discount in someway

but ESET is not related and other ESET Partners either).

Indeed. My local reseller/distributor NEVER have any special deals at any time during the year. The only "deal" you get is the % off on the renewal price - which is a shame as all people likes to save a few bucks when possible. ESET should consider having a international campaign once a year at least, during christmas or whatever, and it should be mandatory for all local parties to be part of it. Nope, if I want to find good ESET deals, searching online is the only way to find any, with a bit of luck.

• ESET Staff

Hi @SweX,

As far as I know some campaign (like Christmas) are global but is for new licenses,

doesn't apply for renewal ones.

In some country's you have some deals or low prices when you want to do

something with your current license (upgrade, change, migrate, etc).

I believe your comment can be seen as a suggestion SweX, which is not

necessarily going to happen.

I found this as example of one Christmas campaign at Philippines of 2012...

take a look at the "Terms and conditions".

post-8091-0-05205700-1460838553_thumb.jpg

Hi @SweX,

As far as I know some campaign (like Christmas) are global but is for new licenses,

doesn't apply for renewal ones.

In some country's you have some deals or low prices when you want to do

something with your current license (upgrade, change, migrate, etc).

I believe your comment can be seen as a suggestion SweX, which is not

necessarily going to happen.

I found this as example of one Christmas campaign at Philippines of 2012...

take a look at the "Terms and conditions".

Hi, Gonzalo

Yes I know. I did not say that I expected special deals on that e.g lower renewal prices during christmas, no no. But good deals on new licenses e.g pay for 1yr get 2yrs. 50% off etc etc...

Literally, to sum it up. My local distributor/resellers websites looks the same all the time, same layout, same everything, all 365 days during the year. It doesn't matter if it is christmas, Black Friday or anything similar, they never have any deals.

And I can promise you, that there has never been a sight of any ESET robot in a christmas hat around christmas on their website, but I have seen that elsewhere, like the example you post.

So, if there indeed are global campaigns - then I must say that my local dist/reseller hides their offers extremely well. ^_^

Edited by SweX

• ESET Staff

Okay, well what if I only bought it for 1 year, could I make it 2 years within the first 30 days?

That one??

I can tell you there are licenses by 2 years.

But again depends on the country (each country has his own "policy" based on the "kind of market" they have).

Those "30 days" I don't see in other places.

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez

Guest Audrey Douglas

That one??

I can tell you there are licenses by 2 years.

But again depends on the country (each country has his own "policy" based on the "kind of market" they have).

Those "30 days" I don't see in other places.

I'm sorry but could you make this a little more clear, I'm not quite understanding what you mean.

Guest Audrey Douglas

Oh, okay! I understand it now.

Do you think in the United States it's done that way as well?

Audrey-watch Amazon and Newegg if you're in North America (especially Amazon).

Last copy of Eset Smart Security I bought from Amazon was $4.99 plus shipping (well under $10)

Guest Audrey Douglas

Audrey-watch Amazon and Newegg if you're in North America (especially Amazon).

Last copy of Eset Smart Security I bought from Amazon was $4.99 plus shipping (well under $10)

Was it for 1 or 2 years?

1 year. Sales could happen at anytime, but there's usually something going on around Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Edited by TomFace