E-mail protection with Thunderbird

Tassadar
Go to solution Solved by TomasP,

Hi,

i use NOD32 Antivirus 9.0.318.20 with Windows 10. 

Is there a way to integrate the email protection with Thunderbird 38.5? I see only options for outlook.

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello,

We currently do not support Thunderbird due to their rapid release cycle.

However, please note that "not having support" for email client only means you won't have the ESET toolbar with advanced options, like rescanning a message (and ESET Smart Security users won't have Antispam protection, but that does not concern you with ESET NOD32 Antivirus which does not have Antispam anyway).

As for malware protection, all emails are protected as they are scanned on the communication protocol, regardless of the email client used.

T.

Hi,

i use NOD32 Antivirus 4.0 with Windows 7. 

Is there a way to integrate the email protection with Thunderbird 38.5? I see only options for outlook.

• Administrators

Hi,

i use NOD32 Antivirus 4.0 with Windows 7. 

No. However, as long as you receive email via POP3 or IMAP, it will be scanned for malware regardless of the email client used. After enabling SSL scanning, also POP3S and IMAPS communication would be scanned.

Anyways, version 4 is too old and does not protect you against new threats as good as new versions do. Please uninstall it and install the latest v9 so that your computer is protected to the maximum extent.