ESS7 cause slowing down when open Adobe Photoshop with plugin Colour Effect Pro from Nik Software

Guest Hantech

Guest Hantech

Dear ESET,

Can anyone advice me that since version ESS6 cause slowing down to open Adobe Photoshop CS6 with plugin "Colour Efect Pro 3" (from NIK Sofware), that's no problem when using another AV or I remove/uninstall the plugin from NIK Sofware.

The OS I'm using is WIN 7 Home Premium.

Awaiting the advice

Tks & regards,

• Administrators

If disabling Advanved memory scanner makes a difference, this issue should be fixed in the next v7 beta build.

• ESET Moderators

[NOTE:  Title edited to remove all caps.  AG]

Hello,

ESET Smart Security 7 Beta 2 (v7.0.104.0) was released earlier today.

Can you please upgrade to that version that and confirm whether it solves the issue for you?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• 2 weeks later...
Guest handjojo_gikotek@yahoo.co.

Dear ESET,

I still got the problem even try with ESS 7.0.104, the Adobe Photoshop CS6 with plugin Colour Efect Pro3 frees when open it, even the Advance Memory Scanner disabled, if I'm uninstall the Colour Efect Pro3 or I try use another AV I don't have the problem to open the Adobe Photoshop.

Please advice me....

Regards,

Handjojo

• Administrators

Hello,

Does any of the following make a difference?

- disabling real-time protection via gui
- disabling HIPS + Self-defense and restarting the computer

Guest Handjojo

Dear ESET,

Why I should disabled real time protection, HIPS + Self Defence, it's mean I put the computer in dangerous situation due the critical protection should be disabled :(

Awaiting the reply...

Tks & B/regards,

Handjojo

• Administrators

When tackling an issue, it's necessary to narrow it down to a particular protection module or setting that affects the issue. Disabling the modules was in no way meant as a permanent solution.

Dear ESET,

Why I should disabled real time protection, HIPS + Self Defence, it's mean I put the computer in dangerous situation due the critical protection should be disabled :(

Awaiting the reply...

Tks & B/regards,

Handjojo

Just to add what Marcos said.....You disable the modules and then you check if the slow down you have experienced with Adobe is still there, if it's gone then its likely that they were the cause for the slow down. But if the slow down is still there then we continue the troubleshooting.....