EES 6 Email Client Protection Issues

We haven't narrowed it down to ESET yet, but we are having issues with Outlook 2011 for Mac.

When the users open Outlook, the Database Daemon reports that it has crashed and needs to be restarted. This issue only occurs on macs running OS X Yosemite, EES v6, and Outlook 2011. Below is a screenshot of the detailed error message from outlook as well as the EES modules from one of the effected Macs. We are also using pre-release updates due to the issue with safari.

Has anyone else run into this?

post-5388-0-77011900-1435708314_thumb.png

post-5388-0-97639600-1435708823_thumb.png

post-5388-0-90842800-1435708824_thumb.png

Outlook on another Mac crashed with different errors, see attached.

This particular mac was running OS X Yosemite and EES v6

post-5388-0-00376900-1435709321_thumb.png

post-5388-0-84318700-1435709321_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised there has been no answer from ESET. 

I have confirmed that this issue only occurs with version 6 products on Mac OS X Yosemite.

• Most Valued Members

Searching online regarding this issue, quite a few other users have been also experiencing the same issue as you and found that upgrading to OS X 10.10.3 resolved this for one recent user. I noticed you were running 10.10.2 based on your screenshot and the most recent version is 10.10.4.

I would switch back to regular updates as the Safari issue for the blank pages should no longer occur, and also upgrade the Macs to 10.10.4 and see if that resolves it for you. You do mention that it's only with ESS v6 installed, but I would give this a go first and then explore options if ESS is to blame.

Edited by planet

Searching online regarding this issue, quite a few other users have been also experiencing the same issue as you and found that upgrading to OS X 10.10.3 resolved this for one recent user. I noticed you were running 10.10.2 based on your screenshot and the most recent version is 10.10.4.

I would switch back to regular updates as the Safari issue for the blank pages should no longer occur, and also upgrade the Macs to 10.10.4 and see if that resolves it for you. You do mention that it's only with ESS v6 installed, but I would give this a go first and then explore options if ESS is to blame.

All effected computers have previously been updated to 10.10.4 and Office 2011 has been updated to the latest version as well. The issue still occurs after updating OS X and Office.

I have switched the update policy back to regular updates as of this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

I've encountered the same problem in my work environment. We have macs ranging from 10.10.3 to 10.10.4 get the same Daemon error / EXC_BAD_ACCESS error. The errors came sporadically within a few days of upgrading for NOD32 to Endpoint 6. We have ERA6 with macs running endpoint 6 with Office 2011. Some of the Office 2011 were update and some weren't, and they all still got the error. The only work around for us was to create a new account and re-add the email.

Was anyone else able to resolve this?

I've encountered the same problem in my work environment. We have macs ranging from 10.10.3 to 10.10.4 get the same Daemon error / EXC_BAD_ACCESS error. The errors came sporadically within a few days of upgrading for NOD32 to Endpoint 6. We have ERA6 with macs running endpoint 6 with Office 2011. Some of the Office 2011 were update and some weren't, and they all still got the error. The only work around for us was to create a new account and re-add the email.

Was anyone else able to resolve this?

I've noticed that sometimes the issue returns even after recreating the user account.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

We've tested it on the same system as yours and didn't encounter any issues. I'll drop you all a pm with instructions how to proceed.