using so much space on my hard drive

i was going though my system files and i founf the file diagnostics to have a pcapng file inside that is 70gb and idk if this is normal but is there a away to remove it or will it cause issues and what is that file even for?

• Administrators

You must have enabled diagnostics logging intended only for troubleshooting purposes. In such case, you should have been warned that keeping the logging enabled may exhaust the disk space:

post-10-0-01278700-1433325723_thumb.png

• 1 year later...
  • ESET Insiders

#Marcos where is this setting ?

In local C ,Modules folder have 600 MB.

I installed after I uninstalled and I saved 8 Gb,why ESS consume this "enorm" space of HDD/SSD ?

• Most Valued Members

as Marcos said, this setting once enabled it logs enormous data of network traffic for diagnostic and troubleshooting purposes only.

it's only meant to be enabled when the Support personnel tells you to.

to disable it, open the main program and press F5,(or go to  Setup  and then to Advanced Setup in the down right corner) then go to Tools > Diagnostics and disable the options shown in the image.

as for the Modules folder, it's normal to be a little bit bigger in size. it contains all the necessary files for the AV to work correctly.

post-382-0-32394600-1467981803_thumb.png

Edited by shocked

• Most Valued Members

if you click the Open next to the Open diagnostics folder, it will open the folder where those files are located, delete them to regain the lost hdd space. if windows asks your permission to delete them, confirm it and they will be gone in a few seconds.