RE: ESET Internet Security Email Compatibility

Hi ESET Team, 

See the below information:

Client concern: 

I've I'm to believe the following article;https://support.eset.com/en/kb2138-email-clients-compatible-with-windows-eset-products

ESET Internet Security 17.1.11.0 would not work with Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird nor would it would with the latest variant of 'New' Outlook. Is that correct or is there a fix in the works?

Though I respond to him with the below information :

From the link that you sent to us, that is correct windows live Mail ,Thunderbird and New outlook is not supported, however your emails will still be protected and scanned by Protocol Fitering (POP3/IMAP) for the presence of malicious code 

The POP3 protocol is the most widespread protocol used to receive email communication in an email client application. ESET Internet Security provides protection for this protocol regardless of the email client used.

Source : POP3, POP3S filter

The protection module providing this control is automatically initiated at system startup and is then active in memory. For the module to work correctly, please make sure it is enabled – POP3 protocol checking is performed automatically without requiring re-configuration of the email client.

image.png.4ae84c29023a8b49fa8d6f07140ab716.png

Source: Email protocols

His response : 

Hi Gil, The issue is the SPAM filtering. With these settings in place, it simply doesn't work... What are the options here?

Yours sincerely,

Can you help us with the above option from this client :)

Thanks

Cheers,

Gil

• Administrators

As for integration with the new Outlook, since it doesn't support COM add-ins anymore but supports new Web add-ins, a research will need to be done on the new web add-ins support first. Without integration into an email client it is not possible to scan email messages for spam.

Hi ESET Team, 

See the below response:

Client concern:

My concerns around Outlook were fairly generic, but, in this instance, the customer is actually using Live Mail. For those using Thunderbird, the same issue applies, the latest version of ESET 17+ are not supported and that's what I mean by, they don't work at all. Even with the POP/IMAP scanning, SPAM is not included in this.

• Administrators

Please refer to my reply above. Antispam protection works only when a supported email client is used, ie. it won't work with any clients other than Microsoft Outlook. The user can use the junk filter provided by the email client or a 3rd party antispam solution, if exists.

Thank you Marcos for helping us, i will inform our client :)

Cheers, 

Gil