Eset Anti-Theft

I lost my phone and someone find it but he is not returning it. The mobile security is updated but when I'm trying to change the status of the phone or report as missing the buttons on the webpage is not working.

Any suggestions?

• 5 weeks later...

I am evaluating ESET Mobile Security for Android on my new HTC One M9 running 5.0.2. When I logged onto your website to perform an Anti-Theft test, the test was running for a long time, then reported "The device could not be reached". My device is connected to the Internet via my home Wi-Fi so how can this be? All other apps are working fine. Can you explain, or offer any assistance in resolving this problem?

• ESET Staff

Hi, 

you need to allow test on device. When running a test, a popup on device is shown, you need to accept test.

Hope it helps...

regards,

peter

Hi, 

you need to allow test on device. When running a test, a popup on device is shown, you need to accept test.

Hope it helps...

regards,

peter

I do not understand why this step is necessary. If a test is run from the web portal, it should work without having a popup on the device.

Thanks,

Corey

• 3 months later...

Hi team,

I am using the trial version on a Samsung S5 . I am seriously considering to purchase the full version but still I have some doubts about what will happen if a thief will perform a hard reset to the phone while is locked.

I performed the following test:

First, I gave all privileges for the app to prevent uninstalling

1. I locked the phone using SMS lock command.

2. I tried to shutdown the phone while locked by pressing the power button.  (did not shutdown which is great)

3. I've removed the battery and entered the recovery  menu by pressing the power button +volume up+home key. It worked :( from here all the options were there   data wipe/ factory reset.   I did not  went further because I was afraid to lose data.

Questions:

Can a thief perform hardware reset while phone is protected/locked?

Is the option of creating a phantom account available for adroid devices?

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

My phone, HTC DUAL SIM  was suddenly locked when it was not used. Wifi and GPRS are disabled. Attempts to input password failed (may be I've forgot something or malfunction of software). I've requested password recovery from device and got special code on my email (got it after many hours, can't understant why it took so much time) , but phone does not accept any input now. On eset anti-thief portal I've tried to unlock device, turn off anti-thief, all thoes things useless. Could anyone help me to unlock my phone? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi team,

I am using the trial version on a Samsung S5 . I am seriously considering to purchase the full version but still I have some doubts about what will happen if a thief will perform a hard reset to the phone while is locked.

I performed the following test:

First, I gave all privileges for the app to prevent uninstalling

1. I locked the phone using SMS lock command.

2. I tried to shutdown the phone while locked by pressing the power button.  (did not shutdown which is great)

3. I've removed the battery and entered the recovery  menu by pressing the power button +volume up+home key. It worked :( from here all the options were there   data wipe/ factory reset.   I did not  went further because I was afraid to lose data.

Questions:

Can a thief perform hardware reset while phone is protected/locked?

Is the option of creating a phantom account available for adroid devices?

Thank you!

Hi, im not a staff, and not a Pro too, but i have experienced in this matter, the function you said are supposed to be like I-Cloud Lock like on Iphone right?

If im not mistaken apple are embedding the lock into their processor, which make it impossible to be removed via any kind of reset. While android devices for the time being are still not capable on doing such thingy.

So its a part of hardware limitation exactly. So theres is no software that can totally block hard reset. But i indeed heard that Snapdragon are developing such ability like I-Cloud Lock on their processor, but who knows when it will be available. 

If im wrong i hope somebody will correct my mistake. 

Hi there,

So if the thief perform a hard reset, all the functions of the anti-theft will be lost? I'm asking because I had my Galaxy S6 stolen on past week...

• Administrators
Hi there,
So if the thief perform a hard reset, all the functions of the anti-theft will be lost? I'm asking because I had my Galaxy S6 stolen on past week...

No software can prevent hard reset.