Cyber Security vs Cyber Security Pro is big difference

RonaldG2

Cyber Security vs Cyber Security Pro is big difference! 

ESET leaves use unsupported with the recent released MacOS 15. The solution downgrade from Cyber Security Pro (CSP) to Cyber Security (CS).

At the same time being unable to use two third of the functionality of CSP. No news on future plans for updates.

CS is in some way comparable but lacks insights and features that are only supported by admin account. No option to add privileges to normal users. See functionality and privilege item in attached picture.

Every well being computer user works on a normal account to prevent unwanted changes at any point. But no insight in log-files and running scheduled scans etc. is bizar.

I was reasonable appreciating ESET as security solution but CS is simple to primitive, time for change unfortunately.

I can imagine that I'm not the only one with this type of feelings. And, expressing these to our local (NL) ESET support desk results in we do no know the plans, sorry but you can use CS... Not satisfying at all. Some you should start a survey about satisfaction and expectations.

With regret, this probably means goodbye.

Screenshot 2024-10-12 at 17.29.25.png

Edited by RonaldG2
Empty lines removal

• Administrators

ESET CyberSecurity v8 with a firewall should be released this month. Device Control and Web Control will be added in 2025.

Also please provide the ticket ID so that we can review how the ticket was handled. Our aim is to provide quality support to our customers. If the local technical support is unable to help, they should contact ESET HQ for assistance.

And almost the most important missing functionality: privilege item so I can make a normal user admin for ESET so he/I can observe logs etc. as normal user. And, show in menubar icon scanning activity. Now a normal user sees nothing.