I was on a website and got a popup that said trojan was blocked.  I looked in my Eset its says it was cleaned by deleting.  Does that mean I don't have a virus on my computer?  Here is a screen shot

EsetScan.PNG.c10010ea897872389ce333a5178037a1.PNG

2 hours ago, Purpleroses said:

I looked in my Eset its says it was cleaned by deleting.  Does that mean I don't have a virus on my computer? 

Yes.

However, you are using Brave browser. Brave is not a Secured Browser protection supported browser. This leaves you vulnerable to browser memory based code injection attacks, keyloggers, etc.

Edited by itman

Posted (edited)

Thank you itman!!  If Brave is not a secured browser protection supported browser why is the Eset Certificate automatically put in because I did not add the certificate itself?

Edited by Purpleroses

• Administrators

Please check if you have SSL/TLS filtering and HTTPS scanning enabled. Since it's a web threat, it should have been detected by Web access protection.

• Most Valued Members
Posted (edited)

I guess @Purpleroses is confused between HTTPS scanning and secure browser protection

Browser protection helps incase something bad passed and was able to intercept your keystrokes or something like that , the secure browser will be scrambling your keystrokes , so whatever eavesdropping or logging you keys , will have it encrypted.

HTTPS scanning is different , ESET will add it's own certificate into the machine then it will be able to scan the HTTPS traffic , and if a malware was sent through that HTTPS traffic , ESET will be able to pick it up , without the certificate that ESET adds , it will not be able to scan the HTTPS traffic

I could be mistaken of what I described , correct me if I am wrong please.

Edited by Nightowl

Did you really see ESET's certificate in Brave? I don't think ESET officially supports Brave and also based on your screenshot ESET is not decrypting Brave's traffic as expected. You have to manually add the Brave's exe to Application scan rules in SSL/TLS settings and set it to Scan.

Also, I'm curious to know if "ESET Browser Privacy & Security" extension with Secure Search works in Brave. Do you know @Marcos?

1.png.004d5c50df7329fa738deb76bafe98c4.png

15 minutes ago, SeriousHoax said:

Also, I'm curious to know if "ESET Browser Privacy & Security" extension with Secure Search works in Brave. Do you know

It does not support Brave;

Browser Privacy & Security

You can enable the Browser Privacy & Security feature through a custom extension available on supported browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge only).

https://help.eset.com/essp/17/en-US/banking_and_payment_protection.html?idh_config_bps.html

Edited by itman

2 hours ago, SeriousHoax said:

Not even if I manually install it? 

Not possible.

Brave uses extensions from the Chrome Store. The only Eset extension available there is for Eset Password Manager.

2 hours ago, itman said:

Not possible.

Brave uses extensions from the Chrome Store. The only Eset extension available there is for Eset Password Manager.

The help link you gave above has the link to the extension in Chrome store:

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/eset-browser-privacy-secu/oombnmpbbhbakfpfgdflaajkhicgfaam

22 minutes ago, SeriousHoax said:

The help link you gave above has the link to the extension in Chrome store:

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/eset-browser-privacy-secu/oombnmpbbhbakfpfgdflaajkhicgfaam

True. But this extension will not show when searching Chrome Store Extensions under "Eset" criteria.

You can try it in Brave and see if it installs. If it does install, my guess is it won't work.