ESET Security Ultimate

Damjan

Hello.

I would like to ask you why ESET does not allow the purchase of ESET Security Ultimate license for one device? I myself believe that many home users would upgrade their subscription to ESET Security Ultimate if it was only enabled for one device. I believe that ESET would also gain from this because more subscribers would choose ESET Security Ultimate. I was very happy when you announced VPN in future products, but you forced your subscribers to buy a license for 5 devices (even though we don't need it). I know that you have already explained that the VPN provider is an external partner (and now I don't know if the external partner requires a minimum license for 5 devices) or is such a license policy from ESET.

I hope you will give some thought to the possibility of purchasing a license of ESET Security Ultimate for 1 device. Otherwise, I'm very happy with ESET, but I think they should also enable it for only one device (it's like going to buy a new computer and asking for example Intel, but you have to buy the mandatory 5 CPUs, even though you only need one CPU).

Have a nice day.

• Administrators

This is a marketing / sales question so I can only quote the statement that I have received:

Our goal is to ensure the highest level of security for our customers and their households. The average number of devices and connections per person worldwide in 2023 is 13 in the US and 9 in Western Europe (www.statista.com). We want to meet customers' needs and provide more than device protection; with ESET HOME Security Ultimate we deliver top privacy, identity and device protection for a worry-free digital life.

ESET moderators and staff here are mainly technicians and developers so I would kindly ask you to turn with marketing, licensing and business questions to your local ESET distributor who can reach out to the appropriate staff at ESET HQ, if necessary.

Hello.

Thank you very much for your answer. I understand that you are technicians here. However, since you yourself are an employee of the ESET company (you are part of the ESET collective), I believe that if you forwarded the message of your subscribers or two users to the right department, there might be a change. Because I don't see that you're crazy to buy something you don't need. (as I already mentioned above, the policy of the company Intel, AMD, Nvidia, etc. would be such that you have to buy several pieces of hardware and they would not offer you to buy only one product - this can be for companies, but not for home users).
I hope you will be able to make a proposal to your marketing department to consider purchasing a license of ESET Security Ultimate even for just one device. However, I am otherwise very happy with ESET and would very much like to upgrade to ESET Security Ultimate (I currently have an ESET Smart Security Premium license for one device).

Hello,

I totally agree with Damjan. I would consider upgrading from premium to ultimate if it wouldn't be linked to using 5 licenses. It's just that it's simple, I don't have five devices to secure. I have ESET for one computer and if we add my mobile, that's two devices (although I have no interest in mobile antivirus). Either I start securing the TV, fridge and microwave or there's no way I'm going to use all the licences.
If you could pass the question on to the appropriate department, we would appreciate it.

On the other hand, just out of curiosity, can you tell us which VPN provider ESET use?

Edited by Daamu32

• Most Valued Members
On 12/1/2023 at 1:58 PM, Marcos said:

This is a marketing / sales question so I can only quote the statement that I have received:

Our goal is to ensure the highest level of security for our customers and their households. The average number of devices and connections per person worldwide in 2023 is 13 in the US and 9 in Western Europe (www.statista.com). We want to meet customers' needs and provide more than device protection; with ESET HOME Security Ultimate we deliver top privacy, identity and device protection for a worry-free digital life.

ESET moderators and staff here are mainly technicians and developers so I would kindly ask you to turn with marketing, licensing and business questions to your local ESET distributor who can reach out to the appropriate staff at ESET HQ, if necessary.

I would argue that most people only have one computer. They maybe have a few phones etc. but many people would only want one license.

It makes sense to offer bulk license purchase but it makes no sense to finally introduce a product many users have requested and then put a minimum license requirement on it.

As many people have questioned this, aren't Eset technically loosing money by unable to provide this product to single license users.

As a beta tester for Eset I don't plan to leave but I worry some other users might move to completion that can offer what they want. The funny thing is you have what they want but you've just not made it viable for them

On 12/1/2023 at 2:33 PM, Damjan said:

Hello.

I would like to ask you why ESET does not allow the purchase of ESET Security Ultimate license for one device? I myself believe that many home users would upgrade their subscription to ESET Security Ultimate if it was only enabled for one device. I believe that ESET would also gain from this because more subscribers would choose ESET Security Ultimate. I was very happy when you announced VPN in future products, but you forced your subscribers to buy a license for 5 devices (even though we don't need it). I know that you have already explained that the VPN provider is an external partner (and now I don't know if the external partner requires a minimum license for 5 devices) or is such a license policy from ESET.

I hope you will give some thought to the possibility of purchasing a license of ESET Security Ultimate for 1 device. Otherwise, I'm very happy with ESET, but I think they should also enable it for only one device (it's like going to buy a new computer and asking for example Intel, but you have to buy the mandatory 5 CPUs, even though you only need one CPU).

Have a nice day.

I need 11 Licences but only one with VPN. So if ESET isn't able to serve the customers wishes I have to leave ESET to another security seller

• Administrators

You can purchase a ESET Home Security Premium subscription and VPN from a provider that you prefer. If there had to be a 1-user license for ESET Ultimate, it could happen it would cost twice the price of ESET Home Security Premium because of the cost that ESET pays to the VPN provider for each license.

The current ESET Home Security Ultimate subscription is intended for households with more devices.

On 12/10/2023 at 5:58 PM, Marcos said:

Puede comprar una suscripción a ESET Home Security Premium y una VPN del proveedor que prefiera. Si tuviera que haber una licencia de 1 usuario para ESET Ultimate, podría suceder que costaría el doble del precio de ESET Home Security Premium debido al costo que ESET paga al proveedor de VPN por cada licencia.

La suscripción actual a ESET Home Security Ultimate está pensada para hogares con más dispositivos.

Considering that ESET has entrusted the service to an external company, which one has it been? I mean, if ESET has contracted it will be because it seems to them a good and safe service to their customers. So, if we have to look at an external service (if we were interested) I think that many of us prefer to consult the individual offer of your provider.

As far as WindScribe VPN goes, they do offer a "not to bad" free version and other options to lower its paid version cost:

Windscribe's free plan offers a generous 10GB of data transfer a month if you register with your email address, and 2GB if you don't. You're limited to 11 countries – North America, across Europe, and Hong Kong – but that's still far better than some (Hotspot Shield and a few others don't give you any choice of locations at all).

Windscribe does offer a 'Build a Plan' scheme that cuts costs by allowing you to buy only the locations you need for $1 each. Each location adds 10GB to your free bandwidth allowance, and your plan must have a minimum of two locations.

For example, providing your email address gets you 10GB of data a month. Add the US and UK locations, and you'll get 30GB of data for $2 a month. You can upgrade to unlimited data for another $1, or a total of just $3 a month, and that's billed monthly. No need to sign up for years.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/windscribe

Edited by itman

23 hours ago, itman said:

En lo que respecta a WindScribe VPN, ofrecen una versión gratuita "no está mal" y otras opciones para reducir el coste de su versión de pago:

It looks quite interesting. On the other hand, I couldn't help but laugh when I read that your VPN provider allows you to reduce the price by eliminating locations and ESET only agrees to sell us the VPN if we use 5 accounts. How ironic.

34 minutes ago, Daamu32 said:

ESET only agrees to sell us the VPN if we use 5 accounts

The no. of accounts varies by Eset in-country provider. In the U.S., it's a minimum of 10 licenses!

Also as a FYI, what Eset is doing marketing-wise is not unique among AV solutions. BitDefender's VPN solution also has a 10 license minimum purchase: https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/premium-security.html .

5 minutes ago, itman said:

it's a minimum of 10 licenses!

10 devices?! Oh , it's clear to me that if I move to the USA, I should insure even the microwave!
But seriously, what an aggressive consumer practice.

• 3 weeks later...

Could ESET offer like Norton to buy a separate ESET VPN? So I would have Esest smart security premium + VPN (which ESET would offer in its package in the future). That's how Norton has it sorted.

45 minutes ago, Damjan said:

Could ESET offer like Norton to buy a separate ESET VPN?

Refer to my above postings in this thread; namely this one: https://forum.eset.com/topic/38965-eset-security-ultimate/?do=findComment&comment=177363 .

Eset is using WindScribe as its VPN in the Ultimate version. You can either use a free or paid version of it depending on your needs.

I have been using Eset for 15 years. I have a three-year license for Smart Security Premium. I've tried a lot of different VPNs over the past two years. It's all one big disaster. Except Mullvad. It works at lightning speed, has low latency. In short, superb.  I advise everyone to use Eset in combination with Mullvad VPN. It's not cheap, but neither is Eset. I pay for superior service when I use Eset and Mullvad. All American antiviruses are a real disaster. They only have good ratings because they invest huge amounts of money in paid tests. Americans are not trustworthy either. I would never trust Americans with my information. ones are ok, but none come close to Eset in my experience. The same goes for VPN. For example, Mozilla uses Mullvad VPN because it is the most trusted VPN on the market right now.

Edited by Andrej