profile not empty after logoff

Go to solution Solved by ash77,

Hi,

Our RDS servers are setup to remove local copies of roaming profiles. This GP is failing due to files being locked at "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\ESET\ESET Security\registryFileStorage_userA.cfg" or "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\ESET\ESET Security\registryFileStorage_userB.cfg"

is setting an exception on this ESET folder the only solution?

Hope this will be fixed soon, have to reboot server and clean-up local copies of profiles every other day to keep everything running smoothly. At logon windows will create a %username%.001 folder for the users profile, but some third-party applications and printdrivers will run into problems having a dot in the foldername.

Hi there,

we have a really big RD Farm with thousands of users experiencing problems regarding this Problem. We already opened a case with Eset and they Told us with 2101D in the Configuration Module it should be fixed.

Is there any way of Informations when the fix will be released?

Kind regards!

• Administrators

It could be on the pre-release update channel in about a week. The release always takes 2-3 weeks at least until the module is distributed to all users on the regular update channel.

Can I switch to pre-release for one server? Created a new policy and the configuration for that server states pre-release. But still no updates found. In de admin section I can switch to pre-release, but I think that will switch the release branch for all system.

• ESET Staff

Are you by any chance behind a mirror? You might have to update it first.

Something that I forgot to mention about the 2099.7, due to technical reasons it will work only on business products v10+.

Hi @Peter Randziak,

I got version the following version installed on the server with the pre-release policy:

ESET Management Agent	10.0.1126.0
ESET Server Security	10.0.12014.0
Detection Engine	28365P (20231207)
Modules status		Updated

The other servers have the same but without the P trailing the Detection Engine version.
Does this mean the pre-release policy is working?

Where can I find the version of the Configuration module on the server?

• Administrators

Yes, "P" in the engine version indicates that the pre-release update channel is being used.

Information about installed modules can be found under Help->About in the ESET PROTECT on-premise console:

image.png

Configuration module is version 2099.7, this should be the fixed version?

Configuration module;2099.7;5-12-2023

Just did a quick test and the local profile folder of a test user is not removed and the same file is still present on the server.

eset-file-stuck-in-profile.thumb.jpg.f9c7ca410d98d152f9b341e7a4878e6b.jpg

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, ash77 said:

Configuration module is version 2099.7, this should be the fixed version?

Configuration module;2099.7;5-12-2023

Is the problem that the user's AppData folder is locked upon logoff because registryFileStorage_user?.cfg is in use even with the latest version of the Configuration module?

• ESET Staff

That is a version of operating system. But I can see that you are using 10.0 on one of the previous screenshots.

That is a bit strange, we are closing the handle to those files when we get notification from system that user is logging off. It is asynchronous notification so maybe there is some race. Testers have tested that the handle is closed on log off.

Can you please write down some steps for replication?

Hi @JozefG

I posted this information earlier and assumed you needed other information and could only think of the Server OS version that was missing, sorry.

ESET Management Agent	10.0.1126.0
ESET Server Security	10.0.12014.0
Detection Engine	28365P (20231207)
Modules status		Updated

That said, I did another couple of tests and it seems like it is working now. The cached copy of the profile is being removed at logoff. I guess I was convinced the server was rebooted after the update of the Configuration Module, guess not. I'll keep an eye on it for a couple a days and report back in the coming week. 

• Solution

Just to let you know, the other terminal server got it's update to 2099.7 through the regular channel. All is working well, profiles are removed nicely at logoff. I think you can mark this as solved. To bad @krab is not responding in his own thread.