Will the ESET icon spinning issue **EVER** get fixed?

Its still happening on EIS v16.1.14.0, been happening since v14 from 2021. ESET support cannot seem to fix this despite sending them tonnes of logs. Very disappointing that ESET can't fix such a simple bug...

• Administrators

Did you try to upgrade to v16.2 either using the installers downloadable here from the Downloads section as early access or by switching to the pre-release update channel? V16.2 should have it fixed.

Just now, Marcos said:

Did you try to upgrade to v16.2 either using the installers downloadable here from the Downloads section as early access or by switching to the pre-release update channel? V16.2 should have it fixed.

Thanks, I'm still on v16.1.14.0. I will download &install v16.2 and report back.

Marcos, I'm afraid the spinning wheel issue still exists on v16.2.11.0. Happens randomly.

I downloaded installer from 'downloads' link on top of forum menu.

Disappointing that ESET still can't fix this 😪

• Most Valued Members
On 7/13/2023 at 4:09 AM, psychopomp1 said:

Marcos, I'm afraid the spinning wheel issue still exists on v16.2.11.0. Happens randomly.

I downloaded installer from 'downloads' link on top of forum menu.

Disappointing that ESET still can't fix this 😪

Might be worth backing any custom settings etc. and using the eset uninstaller in safe mode https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool

Then Install the pre release version from scratch. This will rule out this being caused by leftover files from a previous version

16 hours ago, peteyt said:

Might be worth backing any custom settings etc. and using the eset uninstaller in safe mode https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool

Then Install the pre release version from scratch. This will rule out this being caused by leftover files from a previous version

Yes, I've used the Eset Uninstall tool and as a last resort, even installed EIS on a pc with freshly installed Windows (ie no previous version of EIS) and in both scenarios, i still get the spinning wheel at random boot ups.