SUSPECTED MEMORY LEAK egui.proxy.exe !!! Why does this process continually run?

12 minutes ago, Rimmel said:

When you download the installed link to a 16.2 page and says I cannot install.

So now cannot install eset at all...

As noted above, the last ver, of Eset that runs on Win 7 is 16.0.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 10:02 AM, Marcos said:

Please download the latest version 16.0.27 for Windows 7 and Windows 8 from https://forum.eset.com/files/file/116-eset- security-16027/.

Is this a fix? I installed this and the memory leak still appears to be happening. 461,333k of memory is being used by eguiproxy.exe as of right now.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jan Skalicky said:

@Marcos, how big dump you would like?

A complete application dump of egui_proxy.exe no matter how big is if the process actually allocates substantially more memory than expected.

14 minutes ago, Marcos said:

We're gonna provide you with a newer version 16.0.28 addressing the memory issue later this week, probably tomorrow.

will this include win7?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 3:46 PM, Marcos said:

Newer v16.0 versions are intended only for Windows7/8 users. For Windows 10/11, use the latest version 16.2.13.

did this happen?

47 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Redirection doesn't work with Firefox 115-117. Mozzila should fix certain issue in v118. As for Chrome, we are not aware of any issues. However, using Secure-all-browsers mode is strongly recommended.

Strange, It worked fine on windows 7 x64 with Firefox 115.2.1esr (x64) and chrome with 16.0.27 until I just updated this morning to 16.0.28

Btw. I did try the Firefox 118 beta and it seem that the redirection works OK without enabling secure all browsers.

Edited by URBAN0

39 minutes ago, Jan Skalicky said:

...so 4 days of uptime and eguiProxy.exe has still 15 MB allocated – confirming the memory leaking issue is resolved with v16.0.28.0, thanks all

Strange though 15mb - version 15.xx for Win7 is only 5,184k