Is wmiprvse.exe causes to crash?

Go to solution Solved by itman,

I really do NOT to leave us. I really want to stick with ESET. Can you please fix wmiprvse.exe causes to crash? That's my other posts at other forum

https://www.techguy.org/threads/very-many-app-crashes-for-multiple-days.1285157/post-9951841

https://www.techguy.org/threads/very-many-app-crashes-for-multiple-days.1285157/post-9951698

• Administrators

There is a known issue in wmiprvse.exe that doesn't release handles fast enough when the WMI scanner opens new handles. You can open a support ticket for investigation, however, if this is the cause of your issue then only Microsoft could do something about it.

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

There is a known issue in wmiprvse.exe that doesn't release handles fast enough when the WMI scanner opens new handles. You can open a support ticket for investigation, however, if this is the cause of your issue then only Microsoft could do something about it.

Thank you for reply. how do i open a support ticket?

I did submit a case yesterday and I still get no  new email as of December 21, 2022 and pacific time 9:50 am

Edited by f23948

2 hours ago, f23948 said:

I did submit a case yesterday and I still get no  new email as of December 21, 2022 and pacific time 9:50 am

Normally, you should receive a "robo" e-mail reply indicating your support request was received with a ticket number assigned. Sometime afterward from this initial e-mail confirmation, you should receive one or more additional e-mails in regards to the support request. Check your spam/junk e-mail folders in the event that is where Eset response e-mail was directed to.

Since this is the beginning of the Xmas holidays, I expect tech support response will be slower than normal.

Edited by itman

2 hours ago, itman said:

Normally, you should receive a "robo" e-mail reply indicating your support request was received with a ticket number assigned. Sometime afterward from this initial e-mail confirmation, you should receive one or more additional e-mails in regards to the support request. Check your spam/junk e-mail folders in the event that is where Eset response e-mail was directed to.

Since this is the beginning of the Xmas holidays, I expect tech support response will be slower than normal.

I got my new email on 11:35 am and thank you