Website certificate revoked Exception

slewmark
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

I have a user who is trying to reach the following website:

Olympus Connect: https://www.olympusconnect.com/

I can see that the website certificate has been revoked, but this is a trusted website for our company. We don't own or manage the domain, but it hosts information for several of our products. I have perused several other ESET forums and cannot find a way to make an exception for our endpoints.

I have changed policy for SSL filtering, and URL address management and nothing I can do seems to get it work.

Can anyone please advise?

• Administrators
  • Solution

The SSL certificate used by the website was revoked:

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=www.olympusconnect.com

Revocation status Revoked   INSECURE

Only an owner of the website can obtain a new valid certificate and install it.

Even the browser itself does not allow you to create an exception in such case when ESET is not installed:

image.png

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. So from what I've gathered, as long as ESET Endpoint Security is running is there no way to access the website? I am able to access it on a device without ESET installed, since I was able to proceed past the warning on the unsecured device. But is there any policy that can ignore the revoked certificate on a single endpoint?

image.png

I understand the risk involved, but I would like to understand how to do so if there is a way.

• Administrators

Correct, you cannot make an exception in that case. However, even with ESET not installed most of browsers if not all will not allow you to create an exception either.