ESET Cyber Security 7 BETA for macOS with completely new architecture is available

• 3 weeks later...

this beta version had a software update and it caused my mac to lose internet connection and i had to uninstall it

where and what are the "Advanced Preferences (Advanced Setup)"? 7.3.3700.0 installed. command+ does not open anything. no preferences in the menu bar? thank you for the update. edit: is it the extra during the installation process ?

Edited by sesk

• 3 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators
On 6/2/2023 at 12:32 AM, chercm said:

this beta version had a software update and it caused my mac to lose internet connection and i had to uninstall it

Sad to hear that, but for sure I recommend to install the GA version which is already available and in case of any issues contact our Support team to assist you...

Peter

• ESET Moderators

Hello sesk,

On 6/9/2023 at 1:37 PM, sesk said:

where and what are the "Advanced Preferences (Advanced Setup)"? 7.3.3700.0 installed. command+ does not open anything. no preferences in the menu bar? thank you for the update. edit: is it the extra during the installation process ?

The advanced setup is there by default, it is not selectable during the installation / upgrade.
Were you able to open them? Have you tried the second option
"click ESET Cyber Security in the macOS menu bar and select Preferences (Settings)."
https://help.eset.com/ecs_mac/7/en-US/?advanced_preferences.html

Peter

it is ⌘,

and not ⌘+ to active advanced preferences. text to be edited, see first screen. edit: and it is called settings, not preferences.

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 18.42.44.png

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 18.43.00.png

Edited by sesk

What's the URL to download the beta for Apple Silicon CS Pro?
(The URL listed in the OP is broken.)

Edited by lllusion

• ESET Moderators
14 hours ago, lllusion said:

What's the URL to download the beta for Apple Silicon CS Pro?
(The URL listed in the OP is broken.)

Hello @lllusion as of now the product is generally available, it can be downloaded from https://www.eset.com/int/home/cyber-security/download/

On 6/29/2023 at 4:33 AM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @lllusion as of now the product is generally available, it can be downloaded from https://www.eset.com/int/home/cyber-security/download/

@Peter Randziak It is GA for the non pro version, last public report was a beta for the pro some time later

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

there probably will be some changes to the product line of products for macOS users, but as of now without further details.
As of now it seems that a version with a Firewall feature will be available during the next year...

The decision on conducting a BETA program for the Firewall feature for the ECS hasn't been done, yet.

Peter