ESET Cyber Security 7 BETA for macOS with completely new architecture is available

2 hours ago, Peter Randziak said:

I would recommend to uninstall the v.6, reboot the system and install the BETA. 

If such happened, we would like to have it checked. Can you please file a ticket with the logs to have it checked, if possible?

Glad to hear that the scanning performance has been improved for you.

I think the beta 7 installer did the v6 uninstall and it imported the settings also including the activation settings.

I would recommend to uninstall the v.6, reboot the system and install the BETA. 

If such happened, we would like to have it checked. Can you please file a ticket with the logs to have it checked, if possible?

Glad to hear that the scanning performance has been improved for you.

case #00479488 

Also strangely I had to reset SMC to get bluetooth working again after installing the beta (the beta install may have just found a weird bug in macOS)

• Administrators
Just now, Tomas Kretek said:

Are you planning to release Cyber Security Pro 7 in beta?

I assume so.

Just now, Tomas Kretek said:

When can we expect it?

To my best knowledge, in 23H2.

• ESET Moderators
6 hours ago, bEeReE said:

Any news about the progress (what‘s going on behind the scenes) and date releasing the next (beta) version?

Do you mean BETA build #2 of ESET Cyber Security or the Pro version, which Tomas Kretek mentioned?

Peter

Do you mean BETA build #2 of ESET Cyber Security or the Pro version, which Tomas Kretek mentioned?

Peter

Beta Build2 😉

On 1/30/2023 at 4:11 AM, hp942940228 said:

something about pro version?

Last I saw the first public beta for Pro is planned for later in the year.

From a test I noticed that I could not restore a files in quarantine back to the original location (they were taken from a TimeMachine back on on a network location)

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

when it comes to ECS 7 (not the Pro) as far as I know BETA build #2 is not planned, as the release might be quite soon 😉 

When it comes to ECS 7 Pro, I can confirm the plan mentioned by my colleague Marcos i.e. in the second half of this year, but let me stress that it is a plan 🙂 It hasn't been decided yet, if it will have a BETA phase or not.

Peter

• ESET Moderators
20 hours ago, Chas4 said:

From a test I noticed that I could not restore a files in quarantine back to the original location (they were taken from a TimeMachine back on on a network location)

I recommend to have it checked with the Support team, please provide them with the details about the TimeMachine backup storage i.e. what exactly is it and how is it connected.

• ESET Moderators

Dear ESET Cyber Security 7 BETA  for macOS participants,

as the full release is going to happen very soon, I would like to thank you all for your participation in the BETA program, especially for the feedback provided.
We hope that the GA version will run well for you and for all our users too.
We recommend to use the GA version once it becomes available.

Peter on behalf of the teams involved

• ESET Moderators
18 hours ago, sesk said:

Will do clean install tonight with the GA version. Thanks for the valentine's day gift, Peter 😘😅

You are welcome, next improvements are to come soon.

17 hours ago, sesk said:

secured protocols scanning not present. you do not like macos-users 😑😭

This feature is planned, but it is not an easy one...

Peter

• ESET Moderators
8 hours ago, chercm said:

when will the pro version be out ?

When it comes to ECS 7 Pro, I can confirm the plan mentioned by my colleague Marcos i.e. in the second half of this year, but let me stress that it is a plan 🙂

Peter

• 1 month later...

occasionally, the client (7.3.2100.0 at m1 air running macos13.3.1) fails to receive new update, which also results in com.eset.network slowly eating away all the RAM, eventually forcing me to reboot to resolve the issue.. is this something known already?