Disable "Your operating system is out of date" notification

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

On my Computer Park, I have old Windows XP / Windows 7 machines. These are factory machines that have not been upgraded. So I have a notification in ESET PROTECT (Version 8.1).

I tried without success to remove this notification. Can you help me ?

Thanks

ESET - Système d'exploitation Obsolète.jpg

Will it become possible to remove this notification in the future? As it is, it's a problem that really needs a solution.

I am fully aware which OS which of the computers i manage are running, and this notification is not going to push me into making any changes to that state. All it does is hide other notifications (like OS having updates). As such, not being able to disable this notification turns it from help into actual hindrance.

On 12/12/2022 at 12:50 AM, Tomasz Trynkowski said:

Will it become possible to remove this notification in the future? As it is, it's a problem that really needs a solution.

I am fully aware which OS which of the computers i manage are running, and this notification is not going to push me into making any changes to that state. All it does is hide other notifications (like OS having updates). As such, not being able to disable this notification turns it from help into actual hindrance.

Absolutely! Most IT Admins know their environment well enough to know which machines are not up to date. I want my ESET product to tell me when there is a problem with ESET.

There's also one more peculiar issue tied to this that i have noticed. There is actually a setting that (on surface) seems it should do exactly what was asked for in this thread. It's in agent policies (advanced settings/operating system block). And it even works! It disables the system out of date notification! Except, it works on the notification that is shown locally, in Eset Endpoint Security. It does not prevent the agent from pushing the very same notification to Eset Protect. 

Which is the exact opposite of what i'd expect. Personally, i'd think that notification settings for each local Eset Endpoint program instance would be in Eset Endpoint policy (hint: they're not present there), and the Agent policies would be tied to Protect notifications only. Instead, it seems to work sort of backwards, completely counterintuitively.

I'd suggest moving the local notification to the notification settings in Endpoint policies, and switch the already existing Agent setting to work on Protect client status reporting instead.