How to remove green border from Google Chrome tabs?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Here's how to turn off the green border in the web-browser, step-by-step:

1. Open the ESET user interface from the system tray notification area.
  2. Press the F5 key to open the Advanced setup view.
  3. In the left navigation pane, select the Web and email option.  The option will expand.
  4. Below Web and email, select the Banking & Payment protection.  The right pane will show the Basic view of its settings.
  5. In the right panel, scroll down (if needed) until you see the option named Browser's green frame and toggle it.
  6. Click on the 🛡OK button at the bottom of the window

At that point, browser windows should no longer open with the green border.  Depending upon your version of Microsoft Windows and of the web browser(s), it is possible the web browser(s) may need to be restarted.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Guest Richard

This does not work, the browser will still open with a green border but it disappears after 2 seconds, if i disable the banking security feature there is a red border that cant be turned off.

I liked about eset that it doesnt bother me, and this very much does, if i DISABLE something i expect it to be gone, hope this will be fixed soon otherwise ill just uninstal eset that should fix it....

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Guest Richard said:

This does not work, the browser will still open with a green border but it disappears after 2 seconds, if i disable the banking security feature there is a red border that cant be turned off.

I liked about eset that it doesnt bother me, and this very much does, if i DISABLE something i expect it to be gone, hope this will be fixed soon otherwise ill just uninstal eset that should fix it....

The reason they have stated this happens is so that you know secure browser is working as if you did not see it, you wouldn't know that it wasn't. I'll suggest this in the feature suggestion bit as a lot are bringing it up

Guest Seberstjan N.
On 11/12/2022 at 11:52 AM, Aryeh Goretsky said:

Hello,

Here's how to turn off the green border in the web-browser, step-by-step:

1. Open the ESET user interface from the system tray notification area.
  2. Press the F5 key to open the Advanced setup view.
  3. In the left navigation pane, select the Web and email option.  The option will expand.
  4. Below Web and email, select the Banking & Payment protection.  The right pane will show the Basic view of its settings.
  5. In the right panel, scroll down (if needed) until you see the option named Browser's green frame and toggle it.
  6. Click on the 🛡OK button at the bottom of the window

At that point, browser windows should no longer open with the green border.  Depending upon your version of Microsoft Windows and of the web browser(s), it is possible the web browser(s) may need to be restarted.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thank you very much Aryeh Goretsky. I found it kind of annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Guest MLE said:

Hello...

Sad, forcing something that was not asked for and definately should be available to toggle Browser protection ON/OFF!

You can disable Banking and payment protection in the advanced setup if you don't wish to have your browser protected.

Guest Betalord

Marcos: I don't want to disable Banking and payment protection, but I sure do want to disable green borders on every window that I open. There should be an option to disable green borders, it's super annoying.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Guest Betalord said:

Marcos: not true. It will still flash for a couple of seconds on every window you open, which is super annoying.

That's correct. It's an indicator that the browser is secured and you can safely perform transactions, hence it's displayed for a short while at least. Without the green border it would be similar to not seeing the padlock icon and https in the address bar when visiting bank websites.

• ESET Staff
12 hours ago, Guest Betalord said:

Marcos: not true. It will still flash for a couple of seconds on every window you open, which is super annoying.

Behavior of disabled "Browser's green frame" will change in the prepared update, after that there will be no frame at all