Issue after updating to version 16.0.22

After I updated to version 16.0.22 I can no longer browse the web like I use to do with 15.2.17. I am using screen reading software, and ESET seem to think it is a spying program so it sends random output to it when typing, which resulting it that I cannot use the specific keyboard commands for navigating the webpage.

However, I was able to downgrade to 15.2 again with a backup solution. So my question is, please fix this issue with screen reading software, or is it possible to turn that blocking off so that when surfing the web all keystrokes get through to third party programs?

Many thanks for any help!

• Administrators

Probably key scrambling in the secure browser is causing some issues to the screen reader. What screen reader do you use?

Does disabling keyboard protection make a difference?

image.png

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

Probably key scrambling in the secure browser is causing some issues to the screen reader. What screen reader do you use?

Does disabling keyboard protection make a difference?

image.png

I am using JAWS for Windows. How do I disable that?

Many thanks for your help!

• Administrators

You can find it in the advanced setup -> Web and email -> Banking and payment protection.

A JAWS test is a part of QA tests as far as I know so I'd be quite surprised if it was a general issue with JAWS and there was no related KB. Will ask our testers about it, however. In the mean time, please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

OK, so I did some more testing and I discovered that if I either uncheck the Keyboard or the protect all web browsers in the Banking and payment protection JAWS works like it should. So in the meantime, which setting should I keep on for best security, protect all browsers and uncheck keyboard?

I noticed that all browsers were previously unchecked in the 15.2 version, so maybe I should go for that?

Many thanks!

Many thanks!