NOD32 Protection Status Error - HELP

fraze

Hello,

New to the product and while doing some initial investigation in our environment I am finding in the Amin console SEVERAL servers with the message "Antivirus Protection is Disabled"  and the signature updates are MONTHS old...ugh.  Anyhow, when I connect to one of the affected boxes the ESET NOD32 AV console window is open and says 'Maximum Protection us not ensured" AV is disabled.  I've been told removing the software and reinstalling it on these affected machines will resolve the issue but is this normal??  Shouldn't this be auto updating??  Running 4.2.71.2.  Hopefully this is enough information, any info appreciated.

• Administrators

Hello,

the program signature database as well as program modules update automatically provided that the update server an ESET product downloads updates from authenticates the client and contains newer update files.

I'd strongly recommend upgrading to Endpoint (v5) while making sure to keep Live Grid enabled. Should the problem persist, let us know.

So you are saying the solution to my issue is to upgrade the entire environment to your 5.x version?  There has to be a fix other than that??  You still support 4.x no??

• Administrators

1, It's not clear why you're getting the message "Antivirus Protection is Disabled". This should basically happen only if you disable real-time protection.

2, There's an issue updating the clients which needs to be sorted. We'd need to know if you get an error after running manual update or what message is displayed. Do the clients update from a mirror or from ESET's servers?

3, We strongly recommend upgrading to the latest version (Endpoint v5) which provides maximum protection thanks to LiveGrid and other techniques not employed by older versions.