• Administrators

Are you getting an error when attempting to update? If not, will the program eventually update after running manual update several times? The thing is we've released a large update recently but according to stats update servers should be able to serve updates immediately at the moment.

• ESET Insiders

Hello Robert1170,

According to the following two sites:
hxxp://www.virusradar.com/en/update/info
hxxp://www.eset.com/us/threat-center/threatsense-updates/
The current VSD is:
NOD32 - v.10445 (September 20, 2014)

My eset smart security is not updating as september 20 2014

At this moment there has not been any VSD updates since September 20, 2014.
Do you have VSD 10445?
If so, you are up to date.
HTH...

Edited by puff-m-d

• Administrators

if i try manual update several times it will update, but its not updating automatically ive got an error massage. WHY?

What error message did you get?

• Administrators

what is the cause of this problem why automatic update is not functioning? sorry for english.

What error message are you getting? Please pm me your username and password for verification.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

restart your system, clear the update cache and in case it wouldn't help try to switch to pre-release updates.

Let us know how it went please.

This worked, Thank you. Ive tried everything mentioned in the forums and this is the only thing that worked. My question is why? what happened to make me switch to pre release? and do i have to keep on this setting for now on? Thank you again.

Hello,

Not sure if you did both at the same time, or one at the time.

It could have been solve when you cleared the update cache, that you enabled pre-release may not have anything to do with it.

No you don't need to stay on pre-release forever, but now when you are on pre-release and the modules have been downloaded, I think you can stay on pre-release for a month or so and then you can switch back if you want, the modules that are on pre-release now should be on the standard update servers by then.

Glad you got it sorted :)

Edited by SweX

Hello,

Not sure if you did both at the same time, or one at the time.

It could have been solve when you cleared the update cache, that you enabled pre-release may not have anything to do with it.

No you don't need to stay on pre-release forever, but now when you are on pre-release and the modules have been downloaded, I think you can stay on pre-release for a month or so and then you can switch back if you want, the modules that are on pre-release now should be on the standard update servers by then.

Glad you got it sorted :)

I did the Cache/proxy/uninstall several times and none of those worked. It was the pre release that solved the problem. that is why im confused.