Printing doesn't work

Go to solution Solved by woodust,

• Administrators

What ESET product / version do you use? Please elaborate more on the issue; is it that you cannot print from a secure browser? Or neither from the normal browser? Or what is the problem with printing exactly?

3 hours ago, itman said:

Most of these instructions refer to Network. I this different than public networks? I'm still working on printer address.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, woodust said:

Is pausing the same as turning off  firewall

Should be enough to try pausing the firewall in order to confirm or rule it out.

4 hours ago, itman said:

Sorry, I followed instructions I still have same problem. I might add- When I take a screen shot I can print document thru Paint -paste - print.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, woodust said:

I followed itman's instruction. I still have same problem.

Following the instructions is futile if the issue is not caused by the firewall. Therefore my question remains - does pausing the firewall actually make a difference?

30 minutes ago, woodust said:

How do I pause the firewall?

Right button mouse click on the Eset icon on your desktop toolbar. Then select "Pause firewall" per below screen shot.

After testing, reactivate Eset firewall.

Eset_Pause.png.28514e8f3a9a46ddd5eb36de1ca870dd.png

1 hour ago, itman said:

Right button mouse click on the Eset icon on your desktop toolbar. Then select "Pause firewall" per below screen shot.

1 hour ago, itman said:

I  paused fire wall nothing happened. It is the same as before. Browser will not connect to printer. I have the same pinwheel that rotates with the wording below -Preparing to print. Would you care what I think might of happened?

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

Following the instructions is futile if the issue is not caused by the firewall. Therefore my question remains - does pausing the firewall actually make a difference?

No, not any difference.

4 minutes ago, woodust said:

I found this when clicking on hp scanner icon.

Is the scanner part of the Hp Desk Jet 4152e? In other words, the scanner is not a separate device.

7 minutes ago, itman said:

Is the scanner part of the Hp Desk Jet 4152e? In other words, the scanner is not a separate device.

Yes the printer scans. It is a all in one

5 minutes ago, woodust said:

I click on icon. It reads -Printer not found.

Open Win10 Devices settings. Then select Printers & Scanners per below screen shot:

Eset_Devices.thumb.png.5dd3221ae7d21df06f44b980bbad0d08.png

Does your HP Desk Jet 4152e printer appear under Printers & Scanners? If it doesn't, your problem is Windows based and has nothing to do with Eset.

8 minutes ago, itman said:

Open Win10 Devices settings. Then select Printers & Scanners per below screen shot:

Eset_Devices.thumb.png.5dd3221ae7d21df06f44b980bbad0d08.png

Does your HP Desk Jet 4152e printer appear under Printers & Scanners? If it doesn't, your problem is Windows based and has nothing to do with Eset.

I have windows 7 sp3

7 minutes ago, woodust said:

I have windows 7 sp3

The following should show your printer:

Click Start in the lower left corner of your computer screen.

Select Devices and Printers from the popup list. A new window will open.

https://computer.howstuffworks.com/how-to-configure-printer-or-scanner-in-windows-7.htm