Eset Internet Security VS Eset Smart Security Premium

Good afternoon.

I have some doubts about the real difference between these two ESET products:

Could you tell in detail what the real difference between the two tools is.

I noticed that one has LiveGuard and the other doesn't, just that some tests I've done the EIS detects the same threat as ESSP. Which could convince me in a real scenario that I need the ESSP instead of using the EIS which for me is the best option between the two tools.

I went to the official website to see the detailed difference between the two products and I didn't find it. What you have of information is not detailed, informing what changes from one to another in relation to detection and security.

11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

ESET Smart Security Premium = ESET Internet Security + Disc Encryption + Password Manager + ESET LiveGuard cloud sandbox.

What's more interesting is the ESET LiveGuard cloud sandbox.
But the EIS Detects the same threat that the ESSP is detecting, so I don't see any difference in having the ESSP, it has to have a very big differential, because the EIS will catch the same threat as the ESSP

• Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

What's more interesting is the ESET LiveGuard cloud sandbox.
But the EIS Detects the same threat that the ESSP is detecting, so I don't see any difference in having the ESSP, it has to have a very big differential, because the EIS will catch the same threat as the ESSP

Yes also nod32 antivirus will detect the same threats , but it has less features , same as internet security , that makes smart security the one with the most features for home edition

LiveGuard is meant for never seen before files to be uploaded to ESET's sandbox in cloud and then wait for an answer if the file is safe or not , it will not initiate on threats that already have detections

2 hours ago, Nightowl said:

Yes also nod32 antivirus will detect the same threats , but it has less features , same as internet security , that makes smart security the one with the most features for home edition

LiveGuard is meant for never seen before files to be uploaded to ESET's sandbox in cloud and then wait for an answer if the file is safe or not , it will not initiate on threats that already have detections

So there is no need to have ESSP, since we know that the EIS will detect the same way, which is a while later.

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, Marcos said:

ESET Smart Security Premium = ESET Internet Security + Disc Encryption + Password Manager + ESET LiveGuard cloud sandbox.

@New_Style_xd

It depends on if you are in need of those features that Marcos posted

• Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

So there is no need to have ESSP, since we know that the EIS will detect the same way, which is a while later.

Eset internet security may detect the files later but in theory it may be too late i.e the malware may have already infected the computer and done damage.

Basically as mentioned it depends on what you want and can afford. Nod32 is basically just an antivirus and internet security adds a firewall and network protection.

As well as FileGuard premium also comes with a password manager and disk encryption. So it depends if you would use any of these