Virus Definition Offline Update

Is there a way to update the virus definition of an Android  device without any internet connection. For example,  to  download the virus definition file on to a folder, then  transfer to android devices and finally  update the virus definition?

Max

Edited by maxcus

• 2 months later...

No, this is not possible. Is there a problem with connecting the phone via wi-fi and updating it this way?

Hi Marcos

Can you please explain for what reason there is not a choice to be able update via mobil data?

I fine it a inconvenience, because I am not always able to connect to WiFi when out and about, so having a mobil data allowance is rendered useless when it comes to updating.

I does not seem to make common sense for it not to be able to keep it updated by [with] Mobil Data. :o

With regards

Take care

TheQuest :cool:

No this is not about mobile data or Wi-Fi. Of course you can download the updates over a mobile data connection.

But you can't download it at a computer e.g. and put it on the device. So you can't "download" it to an offline device.

No this is not about mobile data or Wi-Fi. Of course you can download the updates over a mobile data connection.

But you can't download it at a computer e.g. and put it on the device. So you can't "download" it to an offline device.

Hi rugk

Misread the first post :blink:, but I am having a problem with updaing.

When I try to update by mobile data connection it always fails with,  Updating.... then approx fifty seconds later Please check your internet connectivity and try again.

And before you ask  ;),  yes my device does have a connection when I try undating, i.e tested with Play Store and New and Weather.

Take Care

Edited by TheQuest

But just that I get it right - you mean the VSD updates don't you?

And what EMS version do you use?

Hi rugk

Thank you for replying again, sorry for just getting back to you.

Yes the VSD update.

Application version v.3.0.1173.0-15

With regards

Take Care

Edited by TheQuest