ESET Internet Security 15.0.18.0 , Windows 10, LiveGrid Error, Firewall Not Working in Interavtive Mode

Have been monitoring this one over the last few weeks and it seems very sporadic. Can start anywhere between 35 & 45 minutes after boot...but then seems to correct itself at some point thereafter (difficult to precise exactly when this happens without sitting there permanently and watching the icon).

And then it may, again, manifest itself a few hours after boot and and then once again disappear/correct itself.

So really no idea as to what is going on.

Merry Christmas.

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Have been monitoring this one over the last few weeks and it seems very sporadic. Can start anywhere between 35 & 45 minutes after boot...but then seems to correct itself at some point thereafter (difficult to precise exactly when this happens without sitting there permanently and watching the icon).

You can leave advanced direct cloud logging enabled until the error occurs, then disable it and provide ELC logs. However, currently the error should be logged only if several attempts to resolve direct cloud server names failed.

Hi Marcos

Got you. I have reviewed and tried to resolve via DNS, etc. but as there is no rhyme or reason that I can see I will look to do as you suggest 1 day next week and then send in the logs collected.

Regards, Baldrick

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, r1man said:

@Marcos this issue is already resolved, is that correct? I do not see the problem anymore. 

There can be several causes of communication errors so hard to tell. Are you still experiencing direct cloud or LiveGrid communication problems?

This whole issue is still very haphazard for me...one minute I get the warning and then for no rhyme or reason things go back to normal...and the period of abnormality does not appear to be fixed. I have the same situation on 2 systems which leads me to believe that it is not based on the installation of ESET.