Question regarding activating licenses and using the software across regions

Guest Inquirer

Hello.

Because me and my partner need antivirus protection, we've both chosen ESET, so we'd like to purchase a license that supports two devices. The problem is, their device is in North America and mine is in Europe currently; however, we and our devices will both be on the same region eventually in some time.

Would it be possible to purchase the license for two devices from one region, and activate and use it in a different region, or would we have to purchase and activate the licenses from our individual regions? Are there any differences in how licenses and product activation work, depending on if it's North America or Europe?

Guest Inquirer

That's good, although... would a Canadian license have a region lock? I've read a forum post from a user that got a Canadian license from a retail box edition of an ESET product in 2017, and it was "For use and activation in Canada only," and that Canada-only lock was confirmed by a later post.

That was a physical version though. I assume that a digital version wouldn't have the same restriction?