Internet Security - Marketing Messages despite them being disabled

so I have seen this message (or at least something very similar) a couple of times now "marketing" ESET Home despite me having marketing messages turned off, how do I stop this?

I only want it to show messages if something is wrong, I DO NOT want it to try and get me to sign up or sign in to something regardless of whether a cost is associated with it or not, while I understand what ESET Home is and what it does, I'm not interested, stop it.

Capture.PNG

• Administrators

Actually this is not a marketing message that would offer you another product to purchase, renewal for a good price, etc. It concerns upgrade to v15 and the change of the portal my.eset.com to ESET HOME. It's displayed just once.

same problem here. yesterday for the first time a marketing message popped up trying to sell something that i already have. for me this is the dumbest way to advertise - and it annoyes immensely. a reason to consider getting another product.

on my complaint i got an immediate reaction showing how to turn these messages off - good. but they should not be turned on in the first place.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, mads said:

on my complaint i got an immediate reaction showing how to turn these messages off - good. but they should not be turned on in the first place.

With IPM messages disabled you should not get any marketing offers to renew or to get another product, etc.

i had never turned ipm messages on. looks like this got changed with the update to v15 because this was the first time i ever got a marketing message.

• Administrators

By default it depends on the country and local legislation if IPM messages are allowed or not. Disabling IPM should prevent receiving further marketing messages.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Actually this is not a marketing message that would offer you another product to purchase, renewal for a good price, etc. It concerns upgrade to v15 and the change of the portal my.eset.com to ESET HOME. It's displayed just once.

i'm sorry but no, it is not displayed "just once", i have seen this MULTIPLE times now, hence my frustration and message to the forums, if it were just once I would have dismissed it and gone on with my day

an "upgrade" is still marketing is it not? an email that I could easily ignore (hell I probably got an email I promptly ignored) is one thing but this is another

I get when upgrades happen there is a change log that is displayed that shows what has updated, i appreciate that but this is not that, this is a notification advertising a service that will not go away until i actively close it

• ESET Insiders

I installed today EIS from scratch and after installation, after I opened it's interface I got message in Home screen about ESET Home. I clicked on Do not remind me again.

During initial scan I got another message the same as one shown in first post. IMO it should not be displayed since I used Do not remind me again option displayed in home screen.

• Administrators

The above is not a marketing message. Moreover, it appears in the News section and not as a pop-up so it doesn't distract you.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:12 AM, Marcos said:

The above is not a marketing message. Moreover, it appears in the News section and not as a pop-up so it doesn't distract you.

Hi Marcos!

What do I need to do to enable or disable for the News section to appear in the GUI? I am asking for a friend.

Kind regards,

Katzi

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Katzi said:

What do I need to do to enable or disable for the News section to appear in the GUI? I am asking for a friend.

It's not possible to disable it. From time to time some messages need to be communicated to users and this is where they appear in gui.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Marcos said:

It's not possible to disable it. From time to time some messages need to be communicated to users and this is where they appear in gui.

Is the news section just shown on upgrades as some users see it but some don't seem to?

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, peteyt said:

Is the news section just shown on upgrades as some users see it but some don't seem to?

Likely. It all depends on how a message is created by our partners or ESET HQ. It can be restricted to specific versions, languages, countries, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

Today I reinstalled product using installer from my ESET Home. I got auto connected during installation. After install when scan started I got message from OP. Maybe it could be tweaked so it's not shown if application is already connected to ESET Home?