Eset Install From Google Vs Eset Website

rhufus

I had purchased Android version from Eset site instead of Google due to Google connection issue. After reading that its possible to install Google version over Eset version to take advantage of auto updating I did so. Wound up with 2 versions which has been fixed. Google version now running with activation info supplied by Eset. After noticing some users complaining of early notification of licence renewal issues, it occured to me I may have created a future problem that I would rather avoid; Any thoughts?

Edited by rhufus

At first you are in wrong topic. But I think a moderator can move it to the EMS forum.

And what's your problem now? If the activation was successful all should work correctly. (You can also check your license with taping on the menu button --> license.)

No problem now. Noticed some were having licensing issues and was wondering if what I did may have caused it. I would note that on Eset main site it was stated that the Google version could be installed over Eset version; this did however cause 2 versions to be running at the same time instead of replacing first version. Sorry about wrong Topic placement. Thanks for the quick response.

It's good to hear that you have no problems.

And of course I really recommend to uninstall one ESET version, so that you not have 2 versions running side by side. You can also uninstall at first one version of EMS and then install the other version.

And I think there shouldn't be any problems. But If you encounter problem you can of course come back to this forum, describe them and we will try to help you.

Edited by rugk