Mapped Domain Login not working after upgrade ESET Protect Server(VA)

Dear ESET Support,

Since, I upgrade ESET Protect server (virtual appliances) to the latest version 8.1.2209.0. I can't log on with my domain account, I got this error message "Login failed: Invalid username or password". It weirds, If I clean up a browser caches and cookie  It's working fine I can log in with a domain account. However, If I log out or log on session time out, my domain account will crash again.

map domain group01.jpg

map domain group02.jpg

• Administrators

Seems to be a known bug which should be fixed in the next service release of ESET PROTECT v8.

P_EP-24873

8 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Seems to be a known bug which should be fixed in the next service release of ESET PROTECT v8.

P_EP-24873

It is possible roll back to previous version? 

• Administrators

It depends on whether you backed up the database and exported certificates before upgrade. If not, you can install the previous version from scratch while losing all data (especially if changes were made to the db schema). Agents would also need to be re-deployed in order to start replicating to the ESET PROTECT server.

Hi Chindanai,

try to uncheck and check again checkbox "Log Into Domain" on logon screen, before you click "LOG IN". It works for me and there is no need to clear browser cache ;)

6 hours ago, WojtekM said:

Hi Chindanai,

try to uncheck and check again checkbox "Log Into Domain" on logon screen, before you click "LOG IN". It works for me and there is no need to clear browser cache ;)

Thank you, WojtekM.😁  A workaround is using a incognito mode this solution working as well.🙂

On 7/8/2021 at 6:22 AM, Marcos said:

P_EP-24873

Since ESET Protect 8.1 was just released, Is the next service release coming in the near future? I have the upgrade scheduled and planned but determining if I need to delay pending this next service release. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

There is currently no ETA for the next service release. As for this particular issue, unchecking "Log into domain" and re-checking the box should work around the issue.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

To my best knowledge, in December a newer version of ESET PROTECT should be unveiled which will address this issue as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 12:57 AM, Marcos said:

To my best knowledge, in December a newer version of ESET PROTECT should be unveiled which will address this issue as well.

On October 28, ESET Release EP 9.0, is this version fixed regarding can't login with domain account?

photo_2021-10-25_11-40-24.jpg