Set baseline or maximum version for ESET Endpoint in ESET Protect

Go to solution Solved by MichalJ,

Hi Gang,

Components:

• ESET Protect (8.0.2225.0)
  • ESET Endpoint (8.0.2039.0)

As part of a task, we install a specific version, in this case Endpoint 8.0.2039.0. This let's us ensure that all nodes are at least on the same version and potentially avoid any niggles by always going on the latest.

However, ESET Protect always sees the latest version? This is currently Endpoint 8.1.2031.0. Thus ESET Protect now shows in the status dashboard that all our Endpoint nodes are now out of date. My question, how do we baseline or set a static version so that ESET Protect is not always referring to the latest version? I'd rather us determine what level we deem is up to do. I thought I achieved this with the task for installing Endpoint but that seems not to be the case.

This is what I am referring to:

Snag_4af6faa.png.d55182673a0305a7b414607f946400f2.png

Thank you,
Daniel

• ESET Insiders

It’s a quite valid question, especially now that pcu updates will be the way forward with version upgrades.

v8.1 is still not released as pcu, and yet Protect console shows v8 as being outdated?

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Hello, currently it is not possible to set a "baseline / target version". The report template you show is not editable, and it simply compares the installed version vs. the latest available version in repository. So if 8.1 was released, anything below (including 8.0) is considered as not latest = outdated. 

We plan to adjust this, to reflect the "support state" of the application, meaning latest / fully supported / limited support / EOL, however I can´t currently provide an exact timeline. I have reported this to our UX / PM teams. 

1 hour ago, MichalJ said:

Hello, currently it is not possible to set a "baseline / target version". The report template you show is not editable, and it simply compares the installed version vs. the latest available version in repository. So if 8.1 was released, anything below (including 8.0) is considered as not latest = outdated. 

We plan to adjust this, to reflect the "support state" of the application, meaning latest / fully supported / limited support / EOL, however I can´t currently provide an exact timeline. I have reported this to our UX / PM teams. 

Heya,

Thanks for the response. Hopefully it won't be too long. 🤞

Dan