how to import .xml eset smart security setting for eset v6.5 and v8

freshman

Dear Sir /Madam
i have question to import eset smart security v8 or v6.5  wtihout using GUI. because i do not want to let end user know what we are doing..
is that possible? may i know where is the location to cut and paste the xml file 

Dear Marcos,
if im do it from my pc and using  cmd and put end user local ip address is that possible to do it with this ways. 

• Administrators

Ecmd must be run locally but I assume the path can point to a network share as long as the command is run in the account of a user who has read permissions to the share.

• Administrators

E.g:
ecmd /getcfg \\server\share\settings.xml

While I haven't tested it myself, I expect it to work as long as the user under which the command is run has at least read permissions to the share.

dear Macros.
ecmd /getcfg \\local-ip\c$\
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Endpoint Security\settings.xml
i try this command it said command accepted but i couldnt find the settings.xml in endpoint security folder...

Dear Macros,
im trying to execute on my local pc, its work for export .
after that i try import the setting into my eset on my local pc it return
error executing command.
ecmd /setcfg c:\config\settings.xml

dear Macros.
ecmd /getcfg \\local-ip\c$\C:\test\settings.xml
i try this command it said command accepted than i get the setting export . same as i do it at local pc. however i try import back to the client pc same as i try on my local pc is unable to import in ... it is because my eset have set a security password?...  im using ecmd /setcfg for client pc and my local pc still same unable to import 

• Administrators

For security reasons I'd recommend protecting settings with a password and using the "advanced setup password" as the authorization method for ecmds.

image.png

Then you will be able to sign the config xml using xmlsigntool.exe as per the help. This will enable you to import the cfg xml via "ecmd.exe /setconfig config.xml" (must be run as an administrator).

Dear macro,

Yes all our antivirus preconfigured with password. I need your help how can I perform the command to login to to workstation PC  like below \\workstationip.

How Can I using this  xmlsigntool.exe to login to \\workstation ip\c$ inorder to perform this command ecmd.exe /setconfig \\workstation-ip\c$\C:\test\config.xml

• Administrators

I don't understand your use case and why you would like to import a particular configuration every time the computer starts. In order to enforce specific settings, we recommend deploying the ESET PROTECT agent which will apply desired policies.

Anyways, you could possibly use a logon script that will run ecmd.exe locally and import an already signed configuration file.

Dear macro,

I just would like to do the configuration when needed from my side without end user knowledge..but not Everytime the computer start up.