How to really totally disable ESET Internet Security

Would like to totally disable ESET Internet Security like if were uninstalled, I've seen the option to disable until next reboot and all of that, but I want to persist across reboots. Any way to officially do it or is not possible?

• Administrators

You can disable real-time protection, firewall and HIPS completely in the advanced setup, however, it is not clear why you want to do that and why simply pausing protection is not enough.

• Most Valued Members

real-time file system protection for example can't be disabled permanently as this will defeat the whole purpose of the program's protection.

it's not recommended to completely disable the other modules unless you really know what you're doing as the system can get infected with serious malware.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

t is not clear why you want to do that and why simply pausing protection is not enough.

Based on OP's recent postings, I assume this disabling of Eset is to allow the questionable software he is using or trying to install to run unimpeded.

Edited by itman

This guide applies to both ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 8 and ESET Smart Security Version 8. ESET can once in a while interfere with certain activities on your computer. This guide will show you ways to temporarily disable ESET for these occasions.

1. Locate the ESET icon in your system tray.
2. Right click on the ESET icon and select Open ESET.
3. Click Setup on the left.
4. Click on the Enabled link for Real-time file system protection.
5. Click on the drop down arrow for Time Interval and select a time period such as Until next restart.
6. Click on OK, then close the ESET window.
7. ESET is now disabled for the selected time period, allowing you to continue with your desired activity.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Dakmp said:

I've just uninstalled it, didn't take long.

Can I ask why - is there a reason you have removed eset e.g. causing issues?