Eset Notifıcation Setting and Trojan

My computer was infected with a virus called Trojan emotet and I downloaded ESET and there were messages saying that unauthorized modifications were blocked on the computer before downloading it, but when I installed eseti I activated all the protections and scanned the computer and found one detection but when the trojan got infected I was not sure it was duplicating the files and scanned my computer with malwarebytes and deleted it, but I still did not get notification from Eset. All of the notification settings are balanced. I must do them cautiously or aggressively ? . When the Trojan tries to do something, why did not the notification come when Eset blocked it ? How can I be sure that the computer is cleared of trojan ?

Please help me 

• Most Valued Members
18 minutes ago, Duhan Orhan said:

My computer was infected with a virus called Trojan emotet and I downloaded ESET and there were messages saying that unauthorized modifications were blocked on the computer before downloading it, but when I installed eseti I activated all the protections and scanned the computer and found one detection but when the trojan got infected I was not sure it was duplicating the files and scanned my computer with malwarebytes and deleted it, but I still did not get notification from Eset. All of the notification settings are balanced. I must do them cautiously or aggressively ? . When the Trojan tries to do something, why did not the notification come when Eset blocked it ? How can I be sure that the computer is cleared of trojan ?

Please help me 

Try first to get ESET to make a deep scan to all computer and then after see what kind of detections it can get

And if you can post the log of the detection it would be more helpful.

https://support.eset.com/en/kb2909-advanced-scanning-options-in-eset-windows-home-products

See here for more details on how to make an in-depth scan for your PC

If MalwareBytes is running in real-time you should disable it , as it would make conflicts between the 2 installed Antivirus that you have which is ESET and Malwarebytes will start conflicting on files if both of them run in real-time.

You should have Malwarebytes as scanner only , and not real-time.

Edited by Nightowl

• Administrators

As for Emotet, ESET was among the first AVs if not the first to detect new variants proactively. If no malware is found during an on-demand scan, your computer should be clean.