NOD32 Gamer's Edition?

Super_Spartan
Go to solution Solved by Nightowl,

• Most Valued Members
  • Solution
5 hours ago, Super_Spartan said:

Just saw this on Newegg. Is this the same old NOD32 with some nice marketing? 

It is only a marketing name , it is still the same NOD32 Antivirus which includes a Gamer Mode once you enter a full-screen application.

• Most Valued Members

it doesn't seem a legitimate product sold from Eset, i would recommend not to buy it.

either locate a legitimate retailer with good reputation or buy it directly from eset

8 hours ago, Nightowl said:

It is only a marketing name , it is still the same NOD32 Antivirus which includes a Gamer Mode once you enter a full-screen application.

I agree. Best Buy and MicroCenter also sell the same version here in the U.S..

One possibility is that they changed the installer to enable Gamer mode in real-time protection. The default setting is paused.

On 1/25/2021 at 1:23 AM, Nightowl said:

It is only a marketing name

"False, exaggerated, or deceptive representations in advertising are illegal under both California and federal law.

Under the Federal Trade Commission Act, advertising must be truthful and non-deceptive; advertisers must have evidence to back up their claims; and advertisements cannot be unfair. An ad is deceptive if it contains a statement - or omits information - that is likely to mislead consumers acting reasonably under the circumstances; and is important to a consumer's decision to buy or use a product. 

2) the defendants knew, or by the exercise of reasonable care should have known, that the statements were untrue or misleading."

https://www.hamidehfirm.com/practices/employee-wage-rights-litigation/class-actions-consumers/deceptive-marketing-practices/

• Most Valued Members
22 hours ago, total said:

"False, exaggerated, or deceptive representations in advertising are illegal under both California and federal law.

Under the Federal Trade Commission Act, advertising must be truthful and non-deceptive; advertisers must have evidence to back up their claims; and advertisements cannot be unfair. An ad is deceptive if it contains a statement - or omits information - that is likely to mislead consumers acting reasonably under the circumstances; and is important to a consumer's decision to buy or use a product. 

2) the defendants knew, or by the exercise of reasonable care should have known, that the statements were untrue or misleading."

https://www.hamidehfirm.com/practices/employee-wage-rights-litigation/class-actions-consumers/deceptive-marketing-practices/

I am not into laws exactly , but could be that where they are selling this product , could be ESET has done something or changes to it , anyway it's not misleading , still it is the antivirus you want , and still it's light and compatible for gaming because it's light , and it has the gamer mode which will silent the AV and prevent it from scanning/downloading updates till you get out of your full-screen application

And just to clarify , I don't work for ESET , I am just a user.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

While I am not familiar with the specifics of this particular version of the software, I can confirm it is a legitimate version of ESET's software  available through partners of ESET.  Special releases like this are done through ESET's business development team—at one point my office was just down theirs, and I remember them mentioning something about it. 

If you are interested in providing a specialized solution to your customers (not just this, but things like secure USB solutions, mail scanning appliances, etc.)  I would suggest contacting them.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Interesting answers.....

"it doesn't seem a..."

"One possibility is..."

"I am not into laws exactly..."

"While I am not familiar ..."

So, in fact nobody knows for sure what is this about , starting from regular OP to ESET Moderators. Maybe we should ask the question directly to ESET CEO????

• Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, total said:

Interesting answers.....

"it doesn't seem a..."

"One possibility is..."

"I am not into laws exactly..."

"While I am not familiar ..."

So, in fact nobody knows for sure what is this about , starting from regular OP to ESET Moderators. Maybe we should ask the question directly to ESET CEO????

And yet you missed the most important point of my post that I don't work for ESET and I am just a User

Even so you are still talking about a product that you didn't use or buy and isn't being offered in your country.

So if you have bought this product and you feel that you have been mislead by the design of the box , you can request a refund and get your money back , I bet ESET won't deny you that , and if you still feeling mislead , hire your favorite lawyer in town and sue ESET in the area that sells that product.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

You have come into ESET's technical support forum and are asking a business development question, to which the technical people here have responded with the information that they have available. 

If you have further questions on the matter, you may ask ESET's business development team, who may be contacted via the web page in my previous message to you, @total.

As  your question has now been fully and completely answered to the best of our technical support forum's abilities, I shall now mark this thread as closed.  Have a wonderful day, and thank you for your continued interest in ESET's solutions!

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky