Update / Upgrade issue

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

Hi all,

we are in the situation, that we actualy use Eset AV Version 8.x combined with management Agent Version 7.2
Now we want to upgrade to Eset Endpoint Security Version 8.x combined with management Agent Version 8.x
(this is covered by our License)
If i create a all-in-one Installer for that (including the Eset Endpoint Security Version 8.x ) and execute this on the client, only the Agent is updated.
The Eset AV won't upgrade to Endpoint Security.

In the Installer window (see below) it tells me, that Endpoint will be installed, but it just stops after the Agent upgrade.
What am i missing?

grafik.png.e919057398136a2c6a944a83ebbc606a.png

• Administrators

Is there any reason why you are using an AiO installer? Agent should be upgraded by sending an ESET PROTECT components upgrade task to clients. Endpoint should be upgraded by sending a software install task and selecting EPv8 from the repository while creating the task.

• ESET Staff

Hello, can you please share more details with regards to the reasoning of this approach?

Also, is the currently installed version of the ESET Endpoint Antivirus, that you want to upgrade, on the same version as the Endpoint Security? (that might be the only reason I might see, that would possibly prevent it from updating, as it will check whether the installed version is not the same, and stop the install). Software install task as suggested my Marcos would do the trick. But we will have to investigate internally, if my assumption is correct. 

9 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

as it will check whether the installed version is not the same, and stop the install

That's what I thought too, ....
I will also investigate this.

16 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

more details with regards to the reasoning

i work for a corporation with a lot of nonsensical rules...

@MichalJ

you were right.
It is the same Version.
If i pick a client with Agent Version 7.x and AV 7.x it works.
So the install only checks for the version and not the product?

Any chance to change that? or to force the install even if it is the same version number?

• ESET Staff

From my POW, that should work, so I will report is as a bug / improvement request, so even if the installed application is on the same version, but you are actually moving to a different tier product, it would proceed automatically. 

• Administrators

Currently the only options how to upgrade to a product of the same version are:
1, Sending a software install task from the ESET PROTECT console.
2, Uninstalling ESET, rebooting the machine and installing the new product.

As this is not an option for me, could you be so kind and give me a brief outlook when the next subversion of 8.x is planned?

Or...

How the version-check is working, may i'll find another solution for us.

• ESET Staff
On 1/25/2021 at 11:01 AM, me myself and i said:

Any news for me?

Issue is currently investigated and there seem to be a chance that problem will be resolved in component which does not require release of product itself, which would mean that fix can be delivered globally and much faster, but there is currently no confirmation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff
9 hours ago, me myself and i said:

Hi MartinK

any news for me regarding this issue/bug?

Best

I will have to double check, but issue should be resolved and installer should be rolled-out next week. Once done, all new installers should be working correctly in your scenario.

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Could you please check this issue was resolved? After re-download of installer, new version of installer should be used (it will show 4.0.14.0 in file details), which seems to be targeting also this problem.