Password Manager

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

My ESET Password Manager is not working, and tells me it needs to be updated. My subscription is paid, and was wondering is anyone else is having the problem?

• Marcos changed the title to Password Manager
  • Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, TOPPAW said:

image.thumb.png.0ece4cd19cd5ce3aa4b660e915b4a22a.png

The screenshot doesn't really show the message due to sizing. Try making eset larger if possible. You can also copy the screenshot into paint or something similar and edit the photo

• Most Valued Members

you can also use the "snipping tool" look for it in the start menu in the windows accessories folder at the bottom.

• Most Valued Members
9 minutes ago, TOPPAW said:

image.thumb.png.c6ca6f48851a3e5bef6acae01caa63ba.png

It looks like you are using the old version 1 password manager and this is telling you version 2 is available. I'd back your passwords up and then use the link to upgrade to the newest version 

• Most Valued Members
15 hours ago, TOPPAW said:

How does a person back up or otherwise save existing usernames & passwords before downloading a newer version?

I'm not too sure because the newer version you have doesn't have the old version to do this - what happens when you click the instruction link?

• Most Valued Members

Only thing I can think is possibly downloading an older version of eset with the old password manager - opening that there should be an export bit allowing you to export it and then you can redownload the new version and import

• Most Valued Members

this might help.

ESET, LLC.
610 West Ash Street,
Suite 1700
San Diego, CA 92101
U.S.A.

Toll-Free: 
+1 (866) 343-ESET (3738)
Tel: +1 (619) 876-5400
Fax: +1 (619) 876-5845
Web: www.eset.com/us

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, TOPPAW said:

Looking for a phone number at eset that could help in the export/import if possible?

according to google US if that is where you are based is 01202 405405

Appreciate the feedback....Has anyone exported the usernames & passwords, downloaded the update, and then imported the usernames & passwords as suggested? If so were any of the usernames & passwords lost?

After ESET released new version of ESSP (14.x.x) on 1 december You can't open Password Manager v2 becouse ESET have switched off services required to work Password Manager v2.

If you have not previously exported your data to xml format (which contradicts of using password manager because it is unsafe)  from Password Manager v2, you don't have access to your data at the moment, even though you probably have local copies of data in * .spdb format and ESET has copies of this data in the cloud.

It is true that on the ESET website 
https://help.eset.com/password_manager/3/en-US/password_manager_upgrade.html
You can find upgrade instructions to v3, but unfortunately the data that is being migrated by ESET is corrupted and unusable and as I wrote above export to xml from PWM v2 is impossible after 1 december.

Here you can read reviews of users who have a similar problem:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/eset-password-manager/khhapgacijodhjokkcjmleaempmchlem

I reported this problem to ESET on 2 december - till now I don't have any solution.

It seems that ESET don't care much about user data ... 

On 12/17/2020 at 4:47 PM, Marcos said:

Please provide a screen shot of the message urging you to upgrade the PWM.

This is no solution - upgrade doesn't work - You can't export anymore data from PWM v2 to xml and data migrated by ESET are usless and damaged.

• 5 weeks later...

There IS a solution!!! Finally...  IF you have a .spdb file

After talking with ESET Support for over a month, one of the agents gave me a suggestion that was unlikely to work, but IT DID.

So for whatever reason, there is another password manager called Sticky Passwords that looks and functions exactly like PWM v2 did.

It will allow you to import .spdb files into the program and then export them back to .xml

It is a third party program, but it works and as of today (Jan. 20) there is a free Premium 30 day trial that only requires an email and master password. No credit card is required for the premium trial.