Jump to content

Agent Connections Issues.


Recommended Posts

Hello @Marcos,

I have been experiencing some issues with agents connection status, 

Some devices are able to connect with the ESMC Server but after some time they redirect host name to Local Host instead of IP address or host name of the ESMC server. 

Kindly assist. 

Thank You

Edited by kvngselassie
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ESET Staff

Please double check that there is no configuration policy in your console that would do this. Also check that there is no remote deployment task, or any other deployment mechanisms actively used, as installation repair is another method how AGENT might be redirected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2020 at 1:21 PM, MartinK said:

Please double check that there is no configuration policy in your console that would do this. Also check that there is no remote deployment task, or any other deployment mechanisms actively used, as installation repair is another method how AGENT might be redirected.

@MartinK

There are no configuration policies in the console, all agent related policies are applied to separate groups... Also the only remote deployment task running is the agent upgrade and endpoint upgrade task... please not this also happens to devices with the latest version of the agent (7.2.1266).

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, kvngselassie said:

@MartinK

There are no configuration policies in the console, all agent related policies are applied to separate groups... Also the only remote deployment task running is the agent upgrade and endpoint upgrade task... please not this also happens to devices with the latest version of the agent (7.2.1266).

I am sure you have already double checked your policies, but this looks like Agent is being reconfigured after some time. Maybe after first connection to the server is the default policy overwritten by a forced one or the one which is closer to the computer in you structure. Is there only one server listed in Agent server list configuration? 

For testing purposes you could create a group where no policies would be applied. Add a computer into that group and manually apply all policies that are applied to these problematic computers.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Miami said:

I am sure you have already double checked your policies, but this looks like Agent is being reconfigured after some time. Maybe after first connection to the server is the default policy overwritten by a forced one or the one which is closer to the computer in you structure. Is there only one server listed in Agent server list configuration? 

For testing purposes you could create a group where no policies would be applied. Add a computer into that group and manually apply all policies that are applied to these problematic computers.

 

@Miami

the issue is same policies are applied to devices in the console however some devices are experiencing this issue. they reset to localhost after some few minutes of connecting to the server.

i raised the issue with our area support and they claim its because the database size is up to limit... but currently the total size of the DB is not up to 1GB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand your situation, but to me this really looks like some policy interfere with the default policy/configuration. What I would do is to check group membership of that problematic computer. Maybe it is a member of some dynamic group and gets special agent policy. If first connection is ok, it means something is doing a configuration change and if you have more Agent policies deployed it can happen that they interfere. 

I am guessing that info about last applied policies can be still seen in client details, same as its group membership. 

Related to agent connection issue, I experienced a, more servers in the server list configuration b, policy interference c, DNS configuration

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Miami said:

I understand your situation, but to me this really looks like some policy interfere with the default policy/configuration. What I would do is to check group membership of that problematic computer. Maybe it is a member of some dynamic group and gets special agent policy. If first connection is ok, it means something is doing a configuration change and if you have more Agent policies deployed it can happen that they interfere. 

I am guessing that info about last applied policies can be still seen in client details, same as its group membership. 

Related to agent connection issue, I experienced a, more servers in the server list configuration b, policy interference c, DNS configuration

well noted @Miami, I will comb through the policies to see if there are any interferences there.... but the only policy currently applied is the agent policies with connection interval of 10secs... I will do my checks and get back to you... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...