ESET Smart Security Premium has limited direct cloud connectivity

On 12/11/2020 at 6:47 AM, Marcos said:

Can anybody else confirm that the issue is gone after switching to the pre-release update channel?

still failing after switch to pre-release update.

I have the same issue from end November Early December til now. I have also tried everything mentioned above. I also had an ESET technician log on to my PC and he can also not find a fix.

Edited by Headshot557

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Headshot557 said:

I have the same issue from end November Early December til now. I have also tried everything mentioned above. I also had an ESET technician log on to my PC and he can also not find a fix.

Please carry on as follows:
- in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics enable Advanced antispam logging
- reproduce the issue
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Headshot557 said:

Hi Marcos,

Is this what you need?

Yes, that's it. Looks like some serious issues with DNS on your machine:

Failed to get new nameserver addresses
Question [name: avcloud.e5.sk, type: A] UDP resolve failed (result: CONNECTION_TIMEOUT)
Question [name: avcloud.e5.sk, type: A] UDP response read timeout
Question [name: avcloud.e5.sk, type: A] resolving failed with error INTERNAL_ERROR

Does setting up Google DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 make a difference?

I usually have Google DNS set up. I just checked my settings and they are on automatic for some reason. I have changed the settings to Google DNS servers again and will monitor to see if the problem still persists.

On 12/15/2020 at 2:44 PM, slash said:

still failing after switch to pre-release update.

purchased ESET online a few months back and could not find my original code when prompted to re-enter the info, so, just repurchased 2 year ESET and working fine now. yes, I made sure to save new license code.

• Most Valued Members
29 minutes ago, slash said:

purchased ESET online a few months back and could not find my original code when prompted to re-enter the info, so, just repurchased 2 year ESET and working fine now. yes, I made sure to save new license code.

You should be able to use your contact details to recover it

• 2 weeks later...

The problem of Limited Direct Cloud Connectivity has been solved in NOD32 14.0.22.0 with LiveGrid communication module 1093 update. The update was done 3 days ago. And I've been able to connect to the SK server with nslookup from Seattle on Comcast.

Edited by cimmay

• Administrators
1 hour ago, cimmay said:

The problem of Limited Direct Cloud Connectivity has been solved in NOD32 14.0.22.0 with LiveGrid communication module 1093 update. The update was done 3 days ago. And I've been able to connect to the SK server with nslookup from Seattle on Comcast.

Are you behind a firewall? If so, is communication on UDP port 53535 allowed?

If that's not an issue, please enable advanced antispam logging under tools -> diagnostics, reproduce the error, disable logging and collect logs with ESET Log Collector. When done, upload the generated archive here.

For information, I have the Limited Direct Cloud Connectivity warning message each time I launch Steam. Everything is up to date. I don't really care for myself but it might help you to figure out which port may be problematic.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Gunso said:

For information, I have the Limited Direct Cloud Connectivity warning message each time I launch Steam. Everything is up to date. I don't really care for myself but it might help you to figure out which port may be problematic.

Please follow the instructions in the post above.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 7:11 PM, Gunso said:

This is the same issue I am facing after keeping an eye on it for a while.

On 1/4/2021 at 12:11 PM, Gunso said:

For information, I have the Limited Direct Cloud Connectivity warning message each time I launch Steam.

Here's an article that lists ports used by Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711

I don't see anything listed there that would conflict with protocol/ports used by LiveGrid.

• 2 weeks later...

going about with the same issue ; switched to  pre-release update this morning ( problem is when i use computer at work) ; since i installed new update this morning and worked afternoon got just one error message about 30 minute after update ....

Hopefully

• Administrators
9 hours ago, morpheus1962_1 said:

going about with the same issue ; switched to  pre-release update this morning ( problem is when i use computer at work) ; since i installed new update this morning and worked afternoon got just one error message about 30 minute after update ....

Hopefully

If I understand it correctly, the issue occurs only at your work but not at home? Most likely this will be caused by the fact that your employee blocks communication on port 53535.

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2021 at 11:10 PM, Marcos said:

Are you behind a firewall? If so, is communication on UDP port 53535 allowed?

If that's not an issue, please enable advanced antispam logging under tools -> diagnostics, reproduce the error, disable logging and collect logs with ESET Log Collector. When done, upload the generated archive here.

Already create new rule to open port 53535. Should I enable all of three choices, Domain, Private, Public, to apply this rule?

• 2 weeks later...

Disabled the cable modem firewall and after an hour ESET NOD logged "Restored Direct Cloud connectivity." I had made two windows firewall rules to open port 53535 but it had no effect and were deleted the next day.  This was the first "restored" message I got since Nod was installed months ago.