Update Servers overloaded?

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Are there problems with the update servers today?

For about six hours now I don't get definition updates unless I try to manally update for about 20 - 30 times.

Its so weird. I don't have any problems at all. Maybe its your internet connection problem perhaps.

• Administrators

There have been no problems with update servers at all. ESET's servers don't get overloaded.

Just a few minutes ago I tried to manually update my PC and notebook to get update 9917 and had to try 11 times and 15 times. I had the same problems to get updates 9915 and 9916.

The update was about 7500 kB, so I guessed it's because of a server overload.

• Administrators

Do you mean that the update was always about 7 MB in size, even when updating from v9915 / 9916 to 9917? According to update.ver, you should have downloaded only about 20-30 kB.

Yes update 9917 (from installed version 9916) was about 7.5 MB big (on both my PC and notebook).

Updates 9915 (from 9914 installed) and 9916 (from 9915 installed) were about 0.6 MB if I remember correctly.

• Administrators

Do you update from standard update servers or from pre-release servers? Do you have ESET Smart Security v7 installed?

Mine seems to be acting weird as well. Try to update from 9913 and keep getting the "virus signature up to date" message. I cleared update cache and will give it some time. This happens now and again and usually seems to resolve itself.

I had the same issue just 20min ago, I started the PC and let it boot up (then walked away for 5 min) and when I cam back ESS was  still showing VSD 9913 from yesterday evening, so I tried manually one time and it checked for updates but no new VSD were downloaded, so I clicked the button manually 3 more times and that did the trick and I received VSD 9917.

I clicked a bunch of times and once or twice it looked like it was going to update but then went back to "virus signature database up to date". Weird. I'll just leave it alone and come back later. I've seen this happen in the past and it usually works itself out.

Edited by k.crabbe

Well a rollback didn't work. Rolled back to 9910. Restarted computer. Went back into advanced setup to allow updates again. Now I'm stuck on 9910. It was worth a try. I think I'll quit now.  :D

• Administrators
  • Solution

We've found out that there was a large Translation module update released earlier today. Will take measures to keep it as small as possible to prevent this from happening again. You can either try updating manually several times or simply wait a bit until the program updates automatically.