electrik

G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook(R) has found conflicting add-ins installed

Hi My client uses GSuite for email, Outlook as the client and has NOD32 AV. It's a Windows 10 OS. To be the best of my knowledge everything is updated to the latest version. After a couple of years of no issues, they received the follow alert as an email. I can't find a fix for this. Can you suggest something other than disabling the add-in?

Thanks,

Simon

Sent: Wednesday, 8 July 2020 10:24 AM
To: <email address removed>
Subject: [Alert] G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook® has found conflicting add-ins installed

Dear G Suite Sync user,

G Suite Sync has scanned your Microsoft Outlook® profile and detected some add-ins that could cause synchronization problems:

• ESET Outlook Add-in

Please be advised that the listed add-ins should not be used in conjunction with G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook®, as we have received reports of synchronization issues when they are used together.

Learn how to disable add-ins.

The G Suite Sync Team

Unfortunately we don't know what particular issue Google is referring to. Also you wrote that you had been using ESET and G Suite without issues so I'd recommend disregarding the alert unless there's an actual issue.

OK, will keep an eye on it and if it happens again will see if there's extra detail provided.